Assumptions, Theories and Truth

Draco's P.O.V

 "What's going on here?" Mr Filch said as he made his way through the crowd, "What's going on?"

He saw Mrs Norris and immediately stopped in his track. His face pale of horror, "My cat! My cat! What happened to Mrs Norris?" His eyes turned to see Harry, "You! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll –"

But before he could do anything else that would hurt Potter (such shame), Professor DUmbledore arrived, followed by other teachers and Gilderoy Lockhart. 

"Come with me, Argus. You too, Mr Potter, Mr Weasley, Miss Granger, and Ms Halo."

Professor Lockhart moved in between them eagerly, "My office is nearest, Headmaster – just upstairs – please feel free –"

"Thank you, Gilderoy."

People made way for them to leave. I watch as Clarissa's horrified face disappear from the other side of the hallway.

"Do you think they actually did it?" Pansy asked, curiously.

"Probably not, two fourth of them couldn't even master a simple potion." Blaise spat, "But I bet that Potter had something to do with it. Not having enough of the whole 'fame' thing. Probably just looking for attention or something. Pathetic."

"What do you think?"

"What?" I asked, "Oh, uh. I don't think they would've have done it. Didn't you see the horror in their face when we arrived?"

"Uh, no. We were in the back, we could barely hear their voices." Pansy said it as if it was the most obvious thing, "But you saw it. So, we've got to take your word for it."

The Prefects came closer and told everyone to get back to their dorms. Soon enough, that part of the hallway was cleared. Though we were ushered to go back to our dorm, most of the Slytherins just stayed and hung out around the common room. Everybody was still talking about the writings on the walls.

"Do you think Potter actually have anything to do with it?"

Theories were thrown everywhere.

"think Filch did it. Wanted some attention from his identity as a Squib."

"I think Potter definitely have something to do with it."

"But who is the 'heir' anyways?"

You can go to different parts of the room and hear different stories. But none of the conversation really made sense towards the end. Nobody knows who the 'heir' is. Nobody was there to see it happen. Nobody was even sure if what had just happened had actually happened. Some people even think that it was because we ate too much or some sort.

"Do you believe in any of the theories?" Zabini asked, whispering into my ear.

"I doubt anyone in this room actually knows what they're talking about. I have to admit that some of these theories are quite believable. But no, I doubt Filch or the little squad of Potter's had anything to do with it. They were just there at the wrong time."

"So you're defending them."

"Might seem like it, but I think I just found something else to make Potter's time here worse."

"Actually, I think he enjoys being here at Hogwarts." Crabbe pointed out and I gave him a glare.

*        *         *

Clariss's P.O.V

"What's going on here? What's going on?" Mr Filch's voice echoed across the walls of the hallway. My heart was beating faster and faster each second. I don't think I would be able to defend myself if Mr Filch came and accused me or anyone.

Mr Filch turned to look at what everyone was staring at, and the coloured in his faced disappeared as soon as he saw Mrs Norris, "My cat! My cat! What happened to Mrs Norris?"

He paused for a moment, and whipped back to look at the four of us. He pointed at Harry, "You! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll –"

"Argus!" I heard Professor Dumbledore's voice and I let out a breath of relief. I was on the verge of tears. "Come with me, Argus. You too, Mr Potter, Mr Weasley, Miss Granger, and Ms Halo."

 People made way as Professor Dumbledore lead us out of this mess. Gilderoy walked forward and spoke in his usual proud voice, "My office is nearest, Headmaster – just upstairs – please feel free –"

"Thank you, Gilderoy."

And that's where we were lead to.

*         *         *

In Gilderoy Lockhart's office, Professor Dumbledore was examining Mrs Norris. I had to cross my fingers and hope that she was alright. But Gilderoy wasn't doing much help.

"It was definitely a curse that killed her – probably the Transmogrifian Torture. I've seen it used many times, so unlucky I wasn't there, I know the very counter curse that would have saved her..."

I wanted him to stop so badly, but he just continued on. I turned my gaze towards Mr Filch. He was crying, his heads between his hands. He wouldn't even look up. He just slumped there. As much as I know that whatever Lockhart is saying is a lie, I just need someone to tell me that Transmogrifian Torture isn't a real curse.

"I remember something very similar happening in Ouagdougou," He continued, "a series of attacks, the full story's in my autobiography. I was able to provide the townsfolk with various amulets which cleared the matter up at once..."

We waited until Professor Dumbledore straightened up in his chair and confirmed that Mrs Norris was in fact petrified and not dead. I let out a sigh of relief and tears ran down cheeks.

And as Mr Filch complained to Professor Dumbledore how it was Harry's fault, I just didn't care. I was just happy, though I knew the truth already, that it wasn't our fault. That we didn't cause it.

"No second-year could've done this, it would take Dark Magic of the most advanced –"

"He did it, he did it. You saw what he wrote on the wall! He found – in my office – he knows I'm a Squib!"

But in the end, we were all freed. And we all headed straight back to the common room without saying anything to each other.

*     *     *

A/N

i'm sorry, but i just hate Gilderoy.

but yeah, updated! Thanks for those who still stuck around even though I took like a few months of vacation from this acc.

and (shameless self-promotion) if you guys want to read books that are not fan fictions, you could always check out my other Wattpad acc (@donutsugh).

But other than that...

VOTE? COMMENT? SHARE? FOLLOW?