Sebastian shrugged, "A couple of months, I have not been counting."

"How did you find him? Was it online? A chance encounter? What?" The golden eyed man asked, his tone still gentle, knowing a few months would have let Stockholm Syndrome set in with the boy Sebastian stole

"I have never stopped looking for him, his picture was on every missing person's list, someone recognized him and contacted me. After that, I had it arranged for him to be brought to me." The other man replied

Claude got a bit braver, "Have you confirmed this is actually Ciel? Did you do a paternity test?"

Sebastian nodded.

"And what did it say?" Claude asked

The crimson eyed man sighed, "I did not open it, it does not matter what it says I know I have Ciel back."

"I believe you, Seb, I do, but just so we all have absolute certainty and peace of mind let's read the test result." Claude persuaded

Sebastian got up and opened his hidden safe where he stored the letter, handing the envelope to his brother.

With careful, slightly trembling hands, Claude unsealed the envelope and pulled out the letter within.

Skimming through the medical nonsense he did not really understand, he read the result of the paternity test.

His golden eyes widened and his mouth opened in disbelief.

"Probability of Paternity: 99.9998%.•

Holding a hand to his mouth in shock as he continued to stare at that sentence, Claude remained silent.

Leaning back in his chair and chugging the rest of his whiskey like a shot, "Good God, that is Ciel."

"I told you." Sebastian said, pouring more liquor into his brother's glass, "My father's heart knew. You would recognize Luka on sight would you not?"

Claude nodded, taking another drink, "H-Have you told anyone about Ciel?"

"Just you three." Sebastian replied

"Do you plan on telling anyone else?"

"No. Someone might try and steal him away from me again."

Claude sighed, remembering the promise he had made to their mother on her deathbed: do not let Sebastian's mind get him in trouble.

It would take a bit on convincing to get Alois to stay silent about this so they did not have to worry about the legality of this all, but Claude would keep the secret of Ciel's return safe.

"Can I talk to Ciel alone?" Claude asked

"Why?" Sebastian asked in return

"Please trust me, brother." Claude pleaded, "I just want a bit of peace of mind."

***

Claude waited in the office while Sebastian left to retrieve his son.

It did not take long, the blunette skipping happily as he walked into the office hand-in-hand with his father.

Sebastian carefully sat Ciel in the chair he had been sitting in earlier and kissed his head, "Be a good boy and talk to Uncle Claude while I make dinner, okay baby?"

"Okay, daddy." Ciel smiled

Sebastian smiled back at the loving title and left.

"Hello, Ciel." Claude greeted once Sebastian was gone

"Hi!" The teen greeted

"I do not mean to be rude, but I wish to get straight to the point, where were you before Sebastian found you?"

Ciel shivered slightly, remembering the cold life of loneliness he had former lived.

No, Ciel Michaelis never lived that life, Astre Phantomhive did and he was not him.

But to answer his uncle's question, he replied, "In a foster home in London."

"Did you love your foster family?"

"They all hated me, the last was just the same."

"What about friends, anyone woukd would be missing you?"

Ciel shook his head, "I never had any friends and no one ever paid attention to me unless they were forced to."

Claude picked up a piece of paper and handed it to the blunette, "This is a paternity test, you are really Ciel. Whoever you were before was never supposed to be real. Don't tell your father I told you this; but when you were a few months old your mother, Angela, committed suicide and her note claimed that she killed you beforehand to make sure Sebastian could not have you. We spent months looking for your body but now we have the hindsight and now she just gave you away and there never was a body to find."

"I-I am really Ciel?" The blunette asked, staring at the paper

"The test confirms it." Claude replied

After a few minutes of pleasant silence, Sebastian walked into the room and told them dinner was ready...