"Yeah, I have kinda got used to looking different now. Half the time I don't wear hats now,"

"I miss my hair," she said, her eyes getting glossy, "But it gets easier, right?"

"Yeah,"

Ashton rubbed her back and she blinked back her tears, smiling a little.

"Anyway, there's this extension I found for on the laptop, and we can watch a movie together at the same time. I was thinking maybe me, you and Iza could do that?"

"I would like that," I said

"Okay, good. I thought you'd think I was lame,"

"What? No way, I haven't ever had anyone want to watch a movie with me,"

"I watched a movie with you!" Ashton exclaimed.

"Let me rephrase. Nobody cool,"

Aimee giggled uncontrollably and I laughed too, Ashton shaking his head and standing.

"I will leave you to it,"

Once it was just us in the room, we both grinned and I shuffled up, letting her sit beside me on the bed. I engulfed her in a hug and she sighed, twiddling her thumbs.

"Can you... do you think you're qualified for big sister advice?"

"Hell no," I laughed, "But hit me,"

"How do you still feel... normal?"

"I don't, because this isn't normal. I am scared, and confused, and upset. But, I know that my doctors are here to keep me alive so that eventually things can go back to normal,"

"Do you also feel lonely?"

"A little bit, yeah,"

"I lost all my friends," she frowned.

"I never got to make any friends,"

"We aren't lucky," she sighed, "Are we?"

"That's what I used to think, but thinking about luck isn't the best,"

"You think I will have bad luck?"

"Huh? No, but it's a bad way to look. There's either good luck, or bad luck, but I think it's more like a spectrum of things happening,"

"Maybe. My way is more simple,"

"I suppose,"

"Where is your sister?"

"She also had surgery, she got in a crash and had burns all over,"

"Oh, I am so sorry," she said, "But it went well?"

"Yeah,"

"I just really don't want surgery,"

"I think you'll be okay. Don't worry,"

"I am, worrying,"

"Ashton is incredible, I promise. He's treated you well so far, hasn't he?"

"Yeah,"

"Then you will be okay,"

"Can you visit me one day?"

"Sure," I said, "Are you going back now?

"I think I might. I'm tired,"

We called Lewis back in and he helped her into the wheelchair, taking her back to her room. As she left, I realised I had taken the company for granted, and the loneliness began to consume me again.

I wanted to see Kaykay so bad.

Since I wasn't on my ward, I was in the ICU, I knew Kaykay would be here too. So, I shuffled off the bed and took slow steps out of the room using my wall to balance.

Once I got out of the room, I went down the corridor, looking in every single room. I knew the hospital was huge, but it was weird to see so many sick people in one place. I wondered what they had been here for.

"I knew you were gonna be trouble," Juliet said, standing infront of me, "You shouldn't be walking without a walker,"

"Well... I am,"

"You need to go back to bed,"

"I'm going to see Kaykay,"

"No, you're not," she laughed, "Not walking,"

"I am,"

"Mini Blaisdell,"

"You're everywhere," I groaned.

Michael laughed and grabbed a wheelchair, Crystal appearing behind him. She raised her eyebrows and I reluctantly sat down, huffing when they returned me to my room.

I climbed back into my bed and they put the side of it up, then Crystal gently tended to my dressing and changed it.

"You know, I was coming to do this, and would've freaked out if you weren't in your room,"

"Well, you found me,"

"It's good to walk, but not unsupervised or unsupported. We can take you to see Kaykay in a little bit, she's talking to Ashton,"

"Fine,"

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I want to see Kaykay,"

"You can see her soon, she is making important decisions with Ash,"

"Like what?"

"That's not our place to say,"

"Hm. Good answer," I mumbled.

"What can we say? We are just awesome,"

"You could've said so many other things,"