Reunion

Once they were far enough inside the forest, everyone stopped running and sat down. Astra landed and folded his wings and the cloaked figure dismounted.
    Emily pulled back her hood and sat her bow and quiver down. Lauren laughed and ran to hug her.  "Emily! You're back!" Lauren said.
    "Yeah, how are you doing?" Emily asked, looking at her best friend. Lauren's dress was torn in places and her hair was ratted. Emily's eyes made their way to Lauren's one vambrace still on her wrist. "How did those get there. Caspian never told me what they were there for."
    Lauren nodded. "The Tisroc had these put on because they stopped my powers."
    "I told Emily about them," Caspian said. "and she explained how Aslan had secretly empowered one of her arrows and I told her where to hide so when I brought Lauren to see the Tisroc, you would be in the perfect place to shoot the arrow. She only had one shot and the other arrows won't break them."
    "So, what do we do now?" Tam asked, staring at Emily. Lauren looked at Emily who looked at Tam and then to Lauren and blushed. Lauren gave her a look that seemed to say 'Now is not the time for this.'
    Caspian spoke up. "We plan a small ambush during the execution. If we can take out the executioners and maybe the Tisroc, we can rally some of the Narnians and retake the village below Cair Paravel and from there we can take the castle."
    Tam hesitated. "My father will be looking for Lauren. It will be very dangerous."
    "But I have my one hand for my powers," Lauren said. "I can still defend myself."
    Everyone agreed and then dispersed, leaving Emily and Tam alone. Tam turned to her. "I do not believe that I have formally met you yet." he said, tugging on his bangs. "I'm Tam. I've been helping Lauen in secret up until today."
    Emily nodded. "I'm Emily. I'm Lauren's best friend from Earth.
    Tam smiled. "Oh, I believe it. Lauren told me so much about you. She told me how you helped her when you first came to Narnia and when Lauren was under the curse of the White Witch. I honestly thought you were great." Emily blushed at that. "You had really good aim back there in the throne room at Cair Paravel when you shot that arrow."
    "Thanks," Emily said.
The two just stared at each other for a moment until Tam finally spoke. "We, uh, should go find the others."   
    Emily nodded and they both walked off hand in hand.
______________________

    Back at Cair Paravel, the Tisroc stood outside in the gardens when an icy white figure appeared.
    "Have you agreed?" he asked.
    The figure nodded and spoke in a cold voice. "Yes, I will help you." the feminine voice replied. "You get Cair Paravel and I get Lauren."
    The Tisroc nodded. "Thank you, Jadis."