Confrontation

Lauren stared at Caspian. "What are you doing?" she asked.
    Caspian looked sad and scared. Two more soldiers came out from behind him and one of them gave Caspian a look and Caspian sighed. "You are under arrest for... breaking exile and Tam for helping her." Caspian stuttered, tears forming in his eyes. Lauren noticed one of the Calormene soldiers made a subtle show of twirling his dagger so Caspian would see. Caspian swallowed hard when he saw.
    Lauren walked closer to Caspian. "What did they do to you?" she asked.
    "Nothing," Caspian answered a little too quickly.
    "Nothing?" Lauren asked. "Well I know you wouldn't be standing here right now, pointing a sword at me if they did 'nothing'." Lauren leaned in closer to Caspian. "It's okay, I do not believe that you are really with them."
    When she pulled back she saw a look of relief flash across Caspian's face.
    "Take us to see my father," Tam said suddenly to the two guards.
________________________

    The throne room looked pretty much the same as it ever did: except for the Tisroc of Calormen sitting on it. He looked up when the door opened and seemed surprised to see Lauren and Tam standing there. He quickly recovered his composure and put his usual smirk on his face.
    "Ah, Lauren and... my son," he said, his voice dripping with disgust. "This better be quick because I have an appointment with the Narnians," he said with a cold smile.
    Lauren lost her cool and stormed up to the throne. "You have no right to kill them!" she shouted. "They are not your people for you to decide what their fate is!"
    "Oh, really?" he asked, looking around the room then to the throne he was sitting on. "Because it looks like you're wrong. I do decide what happens to them."
    "Don't kill them," Lauren pleaded. "I'll do anything you want. Just don't kill them."
    "Anything?" The Tisroc said, smirking.
    Lauren hesitated but nodded.
    "Then how about an exchange?" The Tisroc offered. "Their lives for yours.
Lauren nodded and Caspian suddenly ran forth and grabbed one of Lauern's arms and held it up in the air.
    "What are you doing?" Laruen, Tam, and the Tisroc said at the same time.
    "Now!" Caspian yelled and out from one of the curtains in the throne room, a silver arrow was fired and it flew toward Lauren's arm and it embedded itself in the gold vambrace. The vambrace fell to the floor. Caspian gabbed Lauren by the arm and ran towards the door with Tam following.
    Calormene guards blocked the doorway but Lauren flicked her now free wrist and icy spikes shot out of her hand and knocked down the guards. Lauren, Tam, and Caspian ran through the doors. "It never gets old!" Lauren shouted as a big gust of wind hit them in the face as they exited Cair Paravel.
    Lauren heard a whinny and looked above her and saw Astra and a figure on his back concealed in a very familiar silver cloak flying above them. Lauren smiled and the group dashed into the forest.