𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.

Start from the beginning

"Earthworm, Merlin!" Lily exclaimed, throwing the carton into James's chest. "Did you rig these how I somehow get all the worse flavors?"

James shook his head and chuckled.

"No, but-"

"That's actually a good idea," Hollis finished, and she and Remus grinned at each other. "Watch out, wolfboy, there might be a carton of only earwax jellybeans in your future."

Remus laughed and kissed Hollis on the top of her head.

"Well in that case-"

But none of them ever got to hear what Remus had to say. Because a firm voice came from behind them.

"Excuse me and Rosier for a moment, will you?" Regulus asked tightly, and without waiting for a response, he grabbed Hollis's wrist and pulled her towards him.

"Watch your hands, you git!" Sirius exclaimed, his eyes narrowing at his older brother.

"What's wrong with you, you can't just talk to her like that!" Remus said angrily, glaring at the boy his exact height. "Get some manners, asshole."

Hollis was just looking at Regulus with confusion. She had never seen him like this before, and it worried her.

"Just give us a second," Hollis muttered, and she and Regulus went around the corner and walked down another corridor red carpeted so that they were out of earshot.

"What the bloody hell has gotten into you, Regulus Black?" asked Hollis sharply, her eyes narrowed as she yanked her wrist out of his grip.

A lot of red wine, Regulus thought, only partially aware of how drunk he was.

"You can see the Mark," Regulus said coldly. "There's a hole in your sleeve, right there."

Hollis looked down to see that Regulus was right. It was minuscule, though, and a stretch of darkness on her forearm could just be taken as a mere shadow. Hollis pulled her eyes back up to Regulus in disbelief.

"Is that really what all of this was about?" Hollis hissed, glaring at him. "There's no need to be so dramatic."

Regulus rolled his eyes, but not in a joking manner. In one that was a bit cruel, even patronizing.

"No, that's not all that's going on here," Regulus bit back sharply. "What else is going on here is how damn stupid you can be!"

Hollis's eyes widened and she tilted her chin up slightly.

"Excuse me?"

Giving another exhale of annoyance, Regulus's tone turned dark.

"You need to be more careful about the Mark," Regulus said with a frigid voice that Hollis barely recognized.

They both knew that Hollis was being incredibly cautious, and neither was sure where this was all coming from. But it was starting to mildly scare Hollis.

"I'm trying, Regulus, and if you haven't noticed, it's working!"

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

Marlene had her arms crossed and was leaning against the wall next to Remus while the others were standing in front of them, waiting for Hollis to get back.

"Your brother's kinda a dick," Lily said to Sirius wisely.

"Old news," Remus muttered, standing up and starting to pace a bit. "I don't understand how Hol sees anything good in him."

And as if this had cued Regulus to be even more of a rash idiot than he already was when he was drunk, a loud shout carried itself all the way to the Gryffindors.

"WELL THEN TRY HARDER!"

"ARE YOU MENTAL?"

It didn't take more than about ten seconds for Remus, Sirius, and James to be next to Hollis with a protective instinct kicking in all three of them.

Hollis and Regulus were obviously both very angry about something, from the raging fire in Hollis's eyes to the way Regulus had his fists clenched.

"HEY!" Remus shouted, stepping between the two. "Back the bloody hell away, you git!"

Regulus just glared at Remus and then looked to Hollis.

"You know what I mean," he spat, and then walked away from the four sixth years with spite.

Hollis watched him go with helpless, watering eyes before leaning her head into Remus's warm, comforting chest with her eyes closed.

"What was he talking about, you not trying?" Sirius asked with a hard voice that he typically used when regarding his brother.

Well him not knowing means that it's working, Hollis thought sourly as Remus put a hand gently in her hair.

"I don't know, he was obviously drunk," Hollis replied.

It was half true.

"Well, we're going to be late to the Order meeting if we stay out here much longer."

"Let's go do those patronuses, then."

ok ik that argument seemed kinda pointless but it is going to be VERY important later

1.4k words

what do u wanna see?

VOTE! - it rly helps