7 - "THE HEALING PROPERTIES OF GREEK GODS"

CHAPTER SEVEN

"the healing properties of greek gods"

For the next three days, Hollis helped Remus every night to make sure that his cuts were healing properly. If she was going to be so involved in helping, she was going to do the absolute best she could to make sure that Lupin got what he deserved.

Very few words were spoken among the five of them at first.

The Marauders looked at the Slytherin girl with a new respect. On the outside, everything was exactly the same as it had been for the past few weeks. Hollis forced smiles with the Slytherins, longingly looked at her real friends.

Yet it gave the Gryffindor boys a sense of sick satisfaction that they knew something about Hollis that her "friends" didn't.

Because every night for those three days, James would chip away one piece of Hollis's shell.

At first, when she had been around them, especially Sirius and James, Hollis would completely close off. Not in an obvious, not talking way, but by building up mental walls not to do certain things or say her opinions about certain subjects in front of them. 

James, however, had a way of getting through to people. With every joke he made, slowly, Hollis began to get more comfortable. The Marauders had seen her like this only with Marlene and Lily, but in that short time, they found that they had missed it.

"That's why, in our third year, Sirius and Remus thought it would be a good idea to-" James started, already smiling. His white sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, and acorn colored hair purposely tousled.

Sirius began to smile as well before his face paled as he realized what story this was going to be.

"No, no don't you dare!" Sirius exclaimed, running over to James and putting his hand over his mouth. A loud cry came from Sirus and he drew his hand away.

"Why the fuck did you bite me?"

James gave an expression of false innocence.

"Don't put your hand over my mouth."

Peter, Remus, and Hollis were all laughing hysterically.

"Wait, wait, I want to hear what Lupin and Black's good idea was," she said.

Remus bowed his head, trying to already prepare for the embarrassment sure to come.

James got a mischievous glint in his eye as he began to tell the story.

"Well, our little Remus and Sirius were having a bit of trouble with the ladies in the third year."

Remus groaned while Sirius leaned his head against the stall.

Hard to imagine that, thought Hollis, glancing slightly at Remus. What the fuck did I just think.

"So, like any reasonable thirteen year old would do, they went to Hogsmeade and bought two bottles of cologne."

Sirius sunk to the floor.

"Because that was sure to draw in all the ladies," added Peter, making James laugh.

"Like a magnet," Hollis giggled. Remus looked at her with playful annoyance, which didn't last long before he grinned at just the sight of her looking so happy. 

God, Lupin thought, crossing his arms over his chest and bowing his head. God.

"So, in Transfiguration class that day, Minnie was not having it." James made his voice high and shrill. "Whoever is wearing that awful cologne is going to have a detention with me."

Remus flushed.

"And, as you would have guessed, Min found out that it was our dear little Sirius and Remus. She confiscated the cologne and banned it from any Hogwarts student found with it in possession." James gave a fake, large sigh, acting deeply hurt. "And we are still suffering the consequences."

"My nostrils haven't healed," Peter said sadly, shaking his head and tightening his lips.

Sirius had made his eyes water.

"You know how sensitive I am, James."

"Oh, Godric," muttered Remus at his theatrics, but smiling widely.

"Why would you push that button?" Sirius continued, looking at his friend with a look of pure betrayal as a tear dripped down his face.

James pushed down his smile and got on his knees.

"Sirius Orion Black, will you forgive thee?" James begged, clasping his hands and raising them to Sirius.

Sirius turned up his nose like he was considering it.

"Fine."

"Being with you four is like watching a play," muttered Hollis, a smile etched on her face even as she sighed and began to put the spare bandages back into her bag.

"But is it a good play, dear lady?" asked James as he swivelled on his knees towards her, earning a laugh from Hollis.

Remus's chest felt full.

"A Greek one, if you get my gist," Rosier teased, looking down at James. 

"I believe she's calling you attractive," Sirius called out helpfully from a few sinks away where he was fixing his hair. "You know, because Greek gods have all those hot statues? Most of them are naked, though, besides that little ribbon. Do you think that's a look, or no?"

"Let's get back to me being attractive," James grinned, standing up so that he was the one looking down at her. "Would you mind convincing Evans so as well, my dear lady?"

Remus frowned slightly.

"I'm capable of many things, Potter, but that miracle is not one of them," Hollis sighed remorsefully, playing into the dramatics. "Perhaps you should tell her yourself. I'm sure it would be a fabulous reminder of your arrogance."

"You little snake-"

The room burst into laughter again, so much so that Peter thought to put a Silencing Charm on the door so that no prefect might burst in and get them all into trouble. The night flew by into dawn, but none of them gave it a second thought.

All five of them began to wonder who was healing who.

1k words