51 - "THE SELFISHNESS OF EVAN ROSIER"

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

"the selfishness of evan rosier"

Regulus hadn't been able to get much sleep lately. Maybe it was because of N.E.W.T's, or maybe because of the information Hollis had revealed to him weeks ago.

They were talking about recruiting us this summer.

A loud knock on the sixth year Slytherin boy's dark wood door startled him out of his thoughts. His bed was the second closest to the door next to Roldolphus, and the Lestrange showed no signs of moving. Sighing and shivering slightly, Regulus got out from under his warm covers to open the door for whoever was so insistent on getting in. Wrapping his hands around the iron and swinging open the door, he was shocked to see Hollis standing there in tan pajama shorts and a large Slytherin sweatshirt that was barely above their hem.

"Hello?" Regulus asked, shutting the door behind him.

He was silently glad that he was the one who had opened the door; Hollis was obviously in no state to deal with Lestrange at the moment.

All she did was start walking down to the common room. This obviously wouldn't be a quick conversation. Regulus settled down by her on a black leather couch, so stiff that it barely sunk with both of their weights.

Fidgeting with her fingers, Hollis was silent for a few moments.

"Remus kissed me."

His eyes went wide before he dug the heels of his palms into them, a sudden spark of both bitterness and concern lighting in his chest.

"Lupin has no idea what he's getting himself into," Regulus sighed after a few moments, looking up at Hollis with anxiety.

"I know," she groaned, shaking her head.

"The instant your parents figure out that you two are together, they're going to practically kill you," Regulus told Hollis, who quietly agreed.

That you two are together, Regulus had said, she realized.

"So you do think that we should get together?" asked Hollis, sitting up suddenly once she understood what Regulus had implied.

His eyes narrowed.

I could.. he thought, scanning her waiting features. She's going to take whatever I say to heart, I know that. No. I couldn't take advantage of her trust like that. She deserves this, no matter how I feel about.. about- stop.

"I'm personally astounded that it took this long for him to do something," Regulus started as he gathered his thoughts. "And I also know that you two are practically made for each other. Except," Regulus frowned.