Chapter 49| A Mother's Intuition

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, but I'm leaving and I'll find Kiara. I need to know that she's safe and I can't stay here anymore. Everything just reminds me of what we have lost. Our marriage isn't a marriage anymore. We are not equals, you think your say outweighs mine because why...I'm a housewife, a woman?"

"No, no! Baby, you're my entire world. You and the kids. Kiara hurt me..." I placed my hands on his face, gripping his cheeks.

"You hurt her first. All she did was tell the truth, even though she knew what was risking. Our sons are afraid to show their emotions. None of them have ever brought home a girl, or talked about someone special in their lives. The mafia isn't everything Ryder. You're honestly telling me that if Kiara was with anyone else...a doctor, a teacher...someone who has no ties with the mafia, someone other than Aaron, you would really be this angry? You would go to these extreme lengths in order to punish her?"

"He's my enemy."

"He doesn't have to be. You chose to make him that. I've actually talked to Aaron, I gave him my blessing because I know that he made Kiara happy. All she wants is for her dad to accept him too, couldn't you at least for her?"

The daunting silence was enough for me to know that it was time to leave. Hopefully, by the time I returned, he would have seen the error of his ways.

I was about to walk out when the door suddenly burst open. There was a blur of bodies as two of our men, tackled the person to the ground, forcing him face flat against the floor.

"What the hell is going on?" Ryder boomed, staring at the huddle by my feet.

"He just ran in boss, straight up here. He was trying to find Mrs Romano." I saw a flash of green eyes.

"Tristan..." I exclaimed, pushing the men away from him. My body was hauled back, as Ryder pushed me behind him, but I was done being the submissive mafia wife.

"Let me go Ryder, Tristan's hurt. They're making it worse." Ryder gave me a hard glare, before waving the men away, leaving the five of us alone with him.

"Why the fuck are you back here? I told you never to return because I would put a bullet in your skull." Ryder cocked his gun. "Want me to make good on that promise?"

I pushed the gun down, and took a careful step forward. "Oh my god," I mumbled, noting the numerous amount of bruises tattered across his face. "Boys, help me." Kai and Kalen rushed forward, helping Tristan stand up.

He was limping slightly, and with one swollen eye and another black, I was wondering how the hell he managed to break into this fortress?

"Tristan, what happened? Are you okay?" He stumbled towards Ryder's desk, and leant against the sturdy oak.

"I'm fine. Gabi, it's Kiara. The Serpents found her, lured her into a trap. At first I thought Aaron was the one to kidnap her."

"Why the hell would Aaron kidnap his own girlfriend?" Kai blurted out.

"She's not his girlfriend, he dumped her I guess." Ryder's body went entirely still besides mine and I felt my heart stop.

My baby got her heart broken again, and this time, she had no-one.

"He didn't but he managed to track her to the abandoned factory. We went to save her but the mission went wrong." Something was wrong, I could tell by the way Tristan grimaced. "Kiara was stabbed, twice. Aaron's men came though and we rushed her to the hospital. She's still in a critical condition and I know that you're still angry at her Ryder but she's your daughter. She's needs her dad, her mum and her family when she wakes up."