one

The song flowed through the speaker as I joined, stepping out of the shower and onto the white tiled floor. Water trailed down my body as I wrapped the fluffy towel around me.

My singing soon trailed off as my attention went to the steamy mirror. The few random pimples from my previous slightly bad eating habits began to disappear. But I could already see the biggest effect of the changed diet.

I hummed with a smile of satisfaction. I was now impressed by the healthier eating Quinn had convinced me to do with her. To be perfectly honest, I didn't think I would look less pudgy but clearly whatever meals Quinn was making for us was working. My self admiration was interrupted by a pounding on the door.

"Don't steal all the hot water Bri!" Quinn demanded as I smirked.

"I can't promise anything." I teased as I walked out of the bathroom and right past her.

Having your best friend as your roommate had its pros and cons. Pros being the obvious that she's my best friend which means we have wine and movie nights as well as share a closet. The only con being that I took long hot showers and sometimes the apartment couldn't handle that.

I threw on a pair of leggings and a comfy sweater since we were staying in tonight.

"Hungry?" I called to her causing her to pop her head from the bathroom.

"Yeah, I could eat. But not the stir fry again." She left no room for a response as she shut the door and immediately turned on the shower.

As I heated our dinner in the microwave, I decided that six in the evening was late enough to pour the first glass of wine. Once dinner was done and we had each had finished a glass of wine, Quinn wanted to amp things up.

"We're going to take shots!" Quinn decided and padded her little feet to the kitchen. Quinn was a petite thing that knew how to party as well as drive anybody crazy. But being her best friend for over ten years had given me immunity to her hyper tendencies.

"Really? Shots? I thought we were on a diet." I smirked as I chose a playlist from my phone.

"Alcohol doesn't count unless it's a cooler or a beer." She came around the counter to where I was sitting with two little shot glasses and a bottle of bright caramel coloured liquor. "Which means Fireball doesn't count."

Her mischievous grin was enough to inform me that she wanted to go all out tonight just to regret the hangover in the morning.

"Jesus, Q-Tip." I chuckled as I could almost feel her eye roll. She didn't like the nickname but I liked how much it annoyed her.

"Ready?" She asked as she lifted her shot glass. I shrugged and picked up mine.

"Whenever you say, boss." I smirked causing her to roll her eyes.

"3, 2, 1!" We each quickly lifted the glass to our lips and quickly drank it. The burn coated my throat and my eyes involuntarily shut themselves in hopes to ease it.

"Yas!" Quinn whooped as she and our shot glasses sped back into the kitchen. This time I followed her with our empty wine glasses knowing she wanted us to do another shot.

*

I couldn't say how much alcohol we had, it had turned into a blur of shots and glasses of wine. My favourite part of drinking was whenever I could sit on the balcony and watch the city at night. The wind whipping through my dark hair, giving us fresh and cool breaths of air.

"I'm poor." Quinn sighed before taking another gulp of rosé as she leaned on the railing.

Laughter bubbled out of me. "You're not poor. You drive a BMW."