Introduction

"You will always gain by giving love"
Reese Witherspoon

"Prince Toru." The maid had said as she bowed at the bedroom door.

"Yes?" Toru looked at his door to see his personal maid.

"Your parents want to see you." She smiled and Oikawa groaned. He knew why his parents needed to talk to him.

"I'll be there soon. Please inform them." She bowed and closed the doors and went to the king and queen.
Oikawa sighed as he looked out his window. I better get going before I get shout at. Oikawa got up from his bed and went to put on some formal wear and a cape and went out of his room.

As Oikawa walks to the throne room, all of the people who walks by him bows and greets him by saying 'Good evening your majesty'. Oikawa was used to it. Being a prince, people always greeted him that way, except for close friends and family. Oikawa liked being praised but he wasn't spoiled. Some of the people who don't greet him often are the guards. The guards were trained to not to talk to the royals unless they had permission too. They could bow to them to show respect so that they wouldn't seem rude. Oikawa then got closer to the throne room so we walked faster. As he arrived, there were two guards, each of them are on the left and right side. They bowed for Oikawa and opened the door, revealing his parents on the throne. His parents noticed the door opening and saw their beloved son walking towards them. They look at them and Oikawa looked at them. Oikawa stopped in-front of them and took a beep breath and looked at them.

"Hello, Toru darling." His mother said in a soft and calming voice.

"Hello son." His father said with a stern but caring voice.
"We've been wanting to tell-"

"Wanting to tell me to get a spouse?" Oikawa calmly interrupting his father.

"Toru it is rude to interrupt a royal but yes." His father said calmly. He already knew that Oikawa would do this. He and his wife have been telling Oikawa to get a partner so that he could rule. It was in the royal rule book. 'You must get a spouse/partner for you to rule the kingdom with them.' They knew that Oikawa wouldn't want to get one. They have been sending in princesses, princes, the wealthy  but Oikawa rejected them and said he wouldn't want them to be his partner to rule aside him. His parents have been trying to figure out on how to get Oikawa a spouse. Oikawa was 20. His coronation is coming to it's deadline.

"Mother, father, have I not told you that I don't want a spouse or a partner or anything like that!" He complained and explained to his parents with a slightly annoyed voice but still respectful.

"But sweetheart, you need a spouse to rule-"

"The kingdom! I know.. mother." He says to his mother.
"Why do I need one? I can handle the kingdom on my own!" Oikawa complained. His father was not liking his attitude.

"Son." He said in a stern voice.
"Have you not learned? The royals who have not wanted spouses and just rule by them selves, have ruined their kingdoms because they didn't know and didn't have anyone to decide with! We want you to have a spouse so that our kingdom won't become a tragedy." He shouted at Oikawa. Oikawa's mother sighed and nodded to agreement. Oikawa was trying to process what he said. He felt offended.

"You think that I can't handle the kingdom on my own?!" Oikawa snapped.
"I don't need a person to second my decisions! Just because people haven't succeeded with no spouse, doesn't mean that will happen to me! That was in the past! I can be independent. I don't need anyone to rule with! I'll be fine on my own!" Oikawa gulped. His parents looked at him in shock. His father was angry and disappointed but understood what Oikawa means. His mother just stayed silent. Oikawa looked at the both of them and sighed. He bowed to them and walked out of the room. When he made it to the door, the two guards closed it and he disappeared to go to his room. His father sighed.