he doesn't know if its the nickname or the distant sorrow in jungkooks voice that had him turning his head, eyes meeting jungkooks for the first time that night.

this is what that scare him. this is why taehyung avoids jungkook.

he is afraid...

he is afraid he would fall in love.

and tonight standing there eyes taking in all of jungkook, taehyung thinks he might've been falling for other a while now.

"taehyung i wanted to tell you what happened that day you left"

taehyung cant blame it all on the mating mark. because he knows the longing to be in the others arm and to hear jungkook call him "love" or "my mate" forever isn't from that.

"You were hurt and i somehow felt responsible for it. i know im so stupid to heal you without your consent."

taehyung had told himself several times to not fall for jungkook, that its not right. wasn't he supposed to hate jungkook? but the truth is deep inside he doesnt.

"you've every right to hate me taehyung. im so sorry"

only if they had met at a different circumstance...

"i dont hate you jungkook ah" taehyung uttered. the words felt too heavy to say.

jungkook looked like he got hit by cold water. will taehyung really forgive him?

"i knew you were trying to heal me." taehyungs words were shaky.

"then why? why did you leave?" jungkooks eyes were desperately searching taehyungs face for an answer.

"i dont know" taehyungs eyes were trained to the ground. he cant accidentally tell too much.

jungkook decided to not press on it.

"its okay love. you needed some time away" jungkook voice felt so soft, along with the nickname had taehyung tremble again.

jungkook noticed it and thought its coz of cold. besides there was something he wanted to gift to taehyung for a few days now.

"i will be right back" jungkook uttered quickly before dissappearing into the crowd.

□□□

eyes trained at the camp fire blazing infront of him, taehyungs brain was muddled with thoughts. he was so scared of the feeling bubbling in him.

taehyung only came back to the world when he felt a weight on his shoulder followed by something soft tickling his neck. something white covered his peripheral vision and the cedar scent and warmth felt so right.

he turned back to see jungkook looking at him with a mixture of proud and awe.

" i knew this would look beautiful on you" jungkook was enamored.

taehyung realized that his upper half is covered in a white coat made of bear skin. then he realized that his heart was beating too fast.

taehyungs eyes teared up on its on accord. a panic bursted in jungkook at the sight. did he freaking mess up again??

"no its okay if you dont like the coat taehyung. i will take it away" jungkooks hands outstretched to take off the coat.

taehyung backed away protectively.
"no d-dont take it away" he hiccuped.

jungkook felt so helpless. his omega is in distress and he cant help him. he doesnt know what to do!

"i... i need to go back" taehyung managed to say. jungkook took it as going back to namjoons and offered to accompany him.

□□□

taehyung walked in the front clutching the coat closer to him like a life line, silent tears streaming down his face all the while jungkook followed him.

his alpha was clawing at jungkook to comfort his omega. but jungkook dont want to overstep. he thought maybe coming to the dinner and all the apology was too much for taehyung to handle at once.

jungkook opened the door for taehyung to go inside.

taehyung looked at jungkook with teary eyes. somehow the alpha felt like that gaze mean something more but he ignored it.

"i will wait outside. you should rest." jungkook reassured with the gentlest smile before closing the door.

□□□

it felt as if on autopilot as taehyung did everything after weeks of planning.
he changed to comfortable clothes, took the cloth bag with supplies and hugged himself with the white coat.

he cant do this. he need to leave.

in the kitchen he quickly found the backdoor keys that seokjin hides and silently opened the door and made the run into the never ending forest.

in the darkness of the night, with everyone indulging in celebrations, no one saw the kim omega escaping the jeon pack.

no one heard the hiccups or the tears he let out.

not even his mate who was sitting infront of the house all night, thinking his mate is peacefully sleeping inside...

□□□