“Boy in the back could you sit up and stop making out in my classroom? What’s your name anyway,” Mr. Preston said. 

I almost forgot Jake was the teacher. Damn I needed to get my head in the game. I knew he’d meet Chad one day since he was the teacher but I didn’t want that day to be today. 

“My name’s Chad,” Chad said. 

“Do you have a last name? Or did your parents fail to give you one?” Jake asked. Jake was being rude on purpose and needed to stop. He was the teacher and needed to act like it. 

“My last name is Weston if you must know,” Chad said. I was hoping Chad and Jake would end things here. Jake didn’t know Chad and Chad didn’t know Jake. Both of them could put on a show if need be. 

“That’s not shocking,” Jake said. What was he doing? The whole class heard him and he was half way insulting Chad. 

“What’s not shocking?” Chad asked. 

This wasn’t happening this couldn’t happen, not in class in front of everyone. Jake needed to just shut up and get class started and put his past history with me in the nearest garbage can. 

“Nothing don’t worry about it. I need you and this boy in the front to switch seats,” Jake said. 

Jake was doing this on purpose. He was now making Chad sit in the front row instead of in the row right in front of me. 

“Why do I have to move? I’m not doing anything wrong. So what I was kissing my girlfriend what’s the big hang up here,” Chad said with a cocky laugh. 

“Chad stop,” I whispered siting up in my seat. 

“You can either switch seats or get detention. But you won’t be wasting anymore of my class time,” Jake said. 

“Guess I’ll move can’t go wasting Mr. Preston’s precious class time,” Chad said sarcastically. He got laughs and high fives from his friends.

Chad picked up his things and switched seats with the guy in the front row. Before facing forward Chad looked back at me and blew me a kiss. I smiled because even though this wasn’t the time for us to be sharing a cute moment we still were. I mouthed, “turn around” after blowing him a kiss back.  

I looked to the front of the room and could see that Jake was visibly irritated. Chad might have been out of line but Jake did start everything. I was on Chad’s side with this one and Jake just needed to move on. 

After the distraction of Chad and I, Jake got class started. He went on and on about what we’d be expected to do this year. He even gave us an in class assignment and today was only the second day. Everyone had to write a one-page paper on respect. I wonder what made him want us to write about respect? 

We had the whole class period to write about that respect topic and I was able to finish my paper in thirty minutes. When the bell rang and everyone went up to Mr. Preston’s desk to hand in our assignments Jake asked me to stay in the classroom. Twice in only a matter of two days was I held back in class before lunch? Yesterday was one thing today was another. People would start talking if he kept this up. 

“Chad I’ll meet you in the cafeteria,” I said.

“No I can wait for you outside the classroom, its fine,” Chad said. He gave me a peck and walked out of the classroom. 

Jake closed the door then took a seat at his desk. I decided to sit at a desk in the front row that way I had my distance. 

“So that’s the boyfriend. Some stuck up prick who thinks he’s some gift to this earth,” Jake said.