────── 𝘿𝙏.

[ so we're going to pretend that i don't have a pile of work due tonight and just focus on my self-promotion of daylight robbery!! honestly this doesn't even qualify as a teaser bc it's so vague,, but i can't bring myself to scrap this ... well hope u enjoy anyways <3 ]

MONDSTADT, THE CITY OF FREEDOM, FELT NO DIFFERENT FROM THE LAST TIME YOU VISITED.

The familiar jovial, relaxed atmosphere enveloped you like water as you sharply tugged down the hood of your cloak, preventing the harsh glare of the afternoon sun from piercing your eyes. You expertly weaved through the crowds of people, snippets of light banter and cheerful conversation floating past you aimlessly as your gaze flitted to person to person, scarcely touching a individual before moving to the next.

Finally, your eyes caught onto a lady dressed in maroon, idly chatting with her friends as they peered at delicately packaged items through a window. Hushed rumors and canards tickled your ears pleasantly -- but you weren't here for gossip.

You were here for treasure.

Adeptly, you staggered mid-step and swerved into the woman, knocking her to the paved stone ground. The impact rippled through your shoulder painfully, but it didn't prevent you from skillfully hooking a finger under the gold bangle loosely hanging on her wrist.

You stuffed the bracelet into your pocket and hurriedly jumped to your feet, letting your cloak's hood pool around your neck to reveal your flushed face and mussed hair.

"Oh my archons, i'm so sorry!" You apologized breathlessly, falling to your knees in an attempt to help her up, "Are you okay?"

She waved away your feigned concern with a bright smile. "I'm perfectly fine. Don't worry about it, young lady."

You perked the tips of your lips up into a tired grin as you sighed in relief, unsteadily rising from your kneeling position. "That's good. I'm glad I didn't injure anyone."

"Me too. It would be a shame to get this new dress stained with blood," She laughed airily and brushed off the particles of dirt lingering on her skirt, "Be careful next time, okay?"

"I will, Miss...?"

"Margaret."

"Miss Margaret." You affirmed, noting her name down for future reference. It wouldn't hurt to keep tabs on the people of Mondstadt, despite only occasionally visiting due to your current situation.

She shot you another friendly smile and swept her blonde hair behind her ear. "You've got it! Well, it was nice to meet you. We have to go pick up a Sticky Honey Roast from Good Hunter."

"Nice to meet you too. Have fun!"

She waved goodbye affably, already beginning to turn around to leave. "You too! Come swing by Cat's Tail when you get the chance, if you're not as young as you look. I'll give you a discount."

One of Margaret's companions chuckled playfully. "Always promoting your tavern, aren't you?"

Margaret's expression was wry as she poked her friend's side. "When have I not?"

A swell of laughter burst from the group of friends as they strolled off, their voices melding together into an indistinguishable patchwork of noise.

Once you could barely hear the garbled buzz of talking, you let out a unsteady breath. Your fingers touched the bracelet in your pocket -- the metal was still vaguely warm, reminiscent of the sunlight that had reflected off it before it had been shoved unceremoniously into the dark, inky depths of your cloak.

You sighed, pulling your hand out of your pocket and draping the hood back over your head. One down, eleven more to go.