34 - robin zander

For the kind NocturnalMundane ! I hope I characterized Robin right for you, dear! Although I enjoy Cheap Trick, I'm not very familiar with all of the members. This is gender neutral, but you can take it any way you choose.
❪❤︎❫
You awoke to Robin's smiling face, grinning at you like he held a very special secret. It was barely 8 in the morning, so your first instinct was to groan and push him away. Robin wouldn't go quietly, however, and he voiced his protest when your hand connected with his chin.

"Y/N!" He whined, words muffled against the flat of your palm. "I just want to show you something."

Your sleep-addled brain could barely comprehend Robin's words, and you spent a long moment contemplating whether or not you actually wanted to get up. One last bleary glance at Robin's pleading expression, handsome features contorted into something akin to a petulent four year old, and you pulled yourself out of the mound of blankets.

This brought a lopsided smile back to Robin's face as he took you by the hand and led you through the hallways and corridors of the house you shared. He muttered small nervous things underneath his breath, mostly to himself as he stole quick looks at you.

What could possibly be this important anyway?

God, if it was something stupid like a dog-shaped cloud or a circus clown in a swimsuit again, you were going to head straight back to bed.

But rather than lead you outside, Robin brought you to a separate room downstairs. It served as a guest room for any of your friends and family who wanted to stay over a few nights. For the time being, it was rather sparse, containing a bed and a nightstand with its closet empty.

The guest room was not like you'd remembered it at all. The white walls had been painted a fine robin's egg blue and stenciled stars were painstakingly drawn across the ceiling and along the corners and edges of the room. In place of the bed, there was a baby crib with soft blue sheets.

Oh.

Robin took your silence as rejection, going shamefaced in a second as he rubbed the back of his neck and ducked his head down low, ready to be chastised for this spontaneous spending of money. It was a nursery. For a baby that you didn't have.

"I thought... well, maybe it's stupid," he said, going to shut the door so that you wouldn't have to see the source of his dedication. "You don't have to even acknowledge this. I'll... I'll get rid of it."

But by then, you were beyond touched. It didn't matter that you didn't have children – that you couldn't have children – it was the fact that Robin wanted this with you. He cared about you enough to want to start a family. He wanted you.

It was far too early for these emotional revelations, and it wasn't long before you began to sniffle quietly to yourself. Robin went into another little panic, slamming the door to the nursery shut and wrapping his arms around your shaking shoulders. He tried to soothe your soft sobs away by laying kisses along the slope of your brow and the planes of your neck.

"I'm sorry, baby, I shouldn't have," Robin repeated like a mantra into your hair. "Baby, I shouldn't have."

When you finally got ahold of yourself, Robin looked like he was ready to take an ax to the entire room. Shadows fell over his hollow face, giving him a sad, ghostly quality. Regret knitted his brow and there was another apology on his tongue.