16 - jimmy page ³

A continuation of the previous Jimmy chapter for LittleSavageSuri ! I actually really enjoyed writing the first part so I hope you like this! There are some mentions of emotional abuse here as well, in case that might trigger you.
❪❤︎❫
The days following your fated interview with Jimmy and the band passed in a whirlwind. You hadn't paid much thought to your parting kiss because there were things that needed to be done. Christmas had come and gone, leaving your kids entranced with their presents for the time being.

You were gifted a short break from work, staying at home and enjoying some family time with your little ones. They were growing up too fast. It seemed like it was just yesterday when little Jamie had started to walk. Now he was up to your knee and had become a regular terrible toddler.

Rose was already getting up into the double-digits and you were mourning the time lost when she was a toddler herself. She was now more focused on her schoolmates than she was her dolls. Oh, the hours that you had spent playing with Rosie. You would often bustle her off into a room somewhere to distract her from your ex-husband's yelling, hoping to distract her with puppet shows and domino castles.

You were fortunate to have this peaceful quality time together. There would be no more cowering in fear from their hulking father, and you would be sure to keep it that way.

While Jamie raced his cars across the sitting room carpet, Rosie watched over him, happy to feel included in a mothering role she'd recently embraced. You hated to think that it was because of your extended absences.

Not inclined to think too hard on it, you tried to relax and savor the moment as it was. You nursed a glass of wine, keeping careful eye on them from your place in the kitchen. Rose might act like she was the mature older sibling, but she had the tendency to act out in random bursts of energy. The last time you'd taken your eye off of her, she'd accidentally smashed a vase into pieces.

"Mum, Mum, look!" Jamie cried, pointing at the car he'd just set off. It was speeding across the hardwood flooring right towards you. "Look how fast!"

You laughed, setting your drink down to collect the car for him as it crashed into the wall. With one snap of your wrist, you sent it sailing across the floor right back at him. "There you go, love. You sure do make them go quick!"

Jamie clapped his hands, proud of his accomplishment. "Again, Mummy?"

"Yes, dear. Show me what you can do!" You encouraged, applauding as Jamie made the cars go faster and further each time.

"Mum, he's making too much noise. I can't read with him around," Rose complained, huffing as she tossed aside her book.

It was a thicker book than what she was used to, one you had bought her to encourage a good reading habit. Rose was a smart girl, she just often didn't put enough effort in. You hoped that instilling a work ethic in her would change that.

"And the words are too hard!" She lifted the bookmarked page, pointing at a paragraph.

You squinted at it from across the room, deciding it would be best to go over and help her. "Which word is it, Rosie? Maybe I can help."

Rose gave you the book, her finger stabbing the challenging word. You hummed in understanding. "Yes, that is rather difficult. It's hippopotamus. Say it with me," you sounded out the word slowly, enunciating each syllable so that Rose could follow.