"I'm Scarlett by the way" I said sticking out my hand to shake hers. Everyone around us watching carefully.

"I know who you are Luna, I am Elena. The pack mother." she looked at my hand before taking it into hers. Her grip was strong, someone you didn't want to mess with. A woman like her, I could tell was fearless.

"Luna, Luna please help" a woman pushed forward hanging onto a teenage boy.

"My mother, she's missing. She is sick, she gets confused easily Luna. She wouldn't be able to defend herself. Please Luna help me find her" she cried. Elena pulled the woman to her.

"You know you can't ask her of that. Alpha gave us direct orders" Elena lectured. The look on the woman's face broke my heart. The look reminded me of the mother back at the river who's son fell into the river. 

"Where was she last seen?" I cut in. Travis yanked my arm back, trying to stop what I was about to do.

"She was supposed to hang the clothes out to dry, when the alarm sounded. I went to find her, after taking a quick look and not seeing her, I thought maybe someone had helped her here" she cried, pure panic on her face.

"I will go" I decided. I don't know what I was up against when it came to vampires, but I had my magic and I could protect myself.

"You will do no such thing. The Alpha ordered for us to keep you here. " Elena demanded. Tough or not, no one was going to order me around.

"As your Luna, isn't my order the same as your Alpha's" I demanded back, thinking of the time Greyson explained the wolf hierarchy to me. She smiled widely.

"Yes Luna" she said,  and for the first time, the title settled around me and gave me the strength to do what I needed to.

"What is her name?" I asked the woman.

"Opal, her name is Opal."she rushed out. I nodded as I moved towards the sealed door.

"Wait Luna, I will go with you" the young teenage boy walked to me. His mother cried out at the loss of his touch.

"Absolutely not" I stated as he couldn't have been past 16, his mother already lost her mother, she didn't need to lose her son as well.

"Please Luna, you don't know the territory like I do, let alone what my Nana looks like. She may not even come to you. My mother wasn't kidding when she said she very confused." he pointed out to his mother and myself.

He was right, but I couldn't take a teenager out of safety and into the middle of god knows what, could I? I turned to look back at Elena hoping she had some kind of insight on this. She looked between us, eyes studying the mother and nodded.

"Okay, but you need to stay with me at all times. No heroic shit okay?" I demanded.

"Yes Luna, whatever you say. Thank you so much" he kept yaping. Yeah, okay that would get annoying.

"Please take care of my son Luna" the woman pulled her boy back placing a kiss on his cheek. "Bring her back to us baby" she whispered against his skin. I looked away to give them privacy.

I instead looked to the sealed door and put my hand against it, letting my magic sense what to do. The lock suddenly clicked causing the crowd to aww and the use of my magic. I turned to Elena.

"I will be back, please keep them safe" I said as I gestured to Adam and Travis.

"With more authority next time Luna, but yes, I will guard them with my life" she turned back to the crowd. 

I sealed the door behind me, adding an extra layer of protection before we walked down the dark hallway. 

"What's your name hun?" I asked after wanting to call him 'the teenage boy'. Yeah, that wasn't very Luna-y.