twenty four

It was a dark Friday evening when 19 year-old Jiyeon made her way back to her boyfriend's house.

She had just gotten off her job as a waitress, the on her boyfriend had recommended for her to take.

Her boss had noticed the anticipating look on her face to leave, wondering why she was so urgent  to depart and Jiyeon told him that it was her three year anniversary with her boyfriend.

Knowing Jiyeon was a sweet girl and one of his best waitresses, he decided to let her go early which Jiyeon was beyond thankful for.

She hadn't told Changmin about being released early since she wanted to surprise him when she arrived, but she never would have expected herself to be the one getting surprised too.

With quiet movements, Jiyeon entered through the front door. Faint sounds of moans came from upstairs and Jiyeon was confused. There was no way he could be doing what she was thinking, right?

Continuing with her silent movements, she walked up the stairs, ears confirming that it was in fact his and another females noises and this female was not from a video.

Not believing it could be true, Jiyeon opened the door and there with her two eyes, she laid eyes on her boyfriend of three years sleeping with the girl he had always told her not to worry about.

They laid naked, figures being covered by the single blankets that Jiyeon and Changmin used to share. Clothes sprawled on the floor, indicating that they were most likely making out before lying together in bed. No traces of alcohol were seen and that was when she knew, she couldn't blame the alcohol.

Heartbreak, pain, anger, frustration, confusion all ran through her mind. Her breathing became uneasy as she stared at the two, wondering where she went wrong for him to do such a thing.

Jiyeon's bottom lip trembled, tears rushing to her eyes and she just broke.

"How could you do this to me?" She finally manage to mumble out, expecting at least a bit of sympathy but his next actions surprised her, making her feel heartbroken once again.

"Get the fuck out!" Changmin yelled, getting up and throwing on a robe.

Jiyeon gave him a confused stare, wondering is she had heard him right. She had been cheated on plenty from guys before who all asked for forgiveness immediately, blaming it on the female or on the alcohol but she didn't love them enough to care and left them straight on the spot, no tears evident for her.

This time it was different. She thought she loved this man because he made her feel different. She made her feel special and he was the only one who bothered to listen. He would always be kind and understanding but that man was nowhere to be seen.

"Do you need to get your ears checked? Get the fuck out of my home!" He yelled once again, moving towards her with a scary aura surrounding him.

Furrowed brows and angered face, his hands came in contact with her shoulders and she immediately flinched. He knew her past, he knew to be careful with her but he didn't care this time.

He began pushing her out, confusing her even more.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she did her best to stay.

"Are you dumb? Isn't it obvious that I'm cheating on you? God, I thought you would find out sooner than later." He said and Jiyeon's heart broke once again as the girl he slept with looked at her, wicked smile on her face. She was in fact the one that had been helping him cheat the entire time after all.

"Why would you do that to me? Couldn't you have broken up with me like a normal fucking person?" She asked, fighting off the hands that tried to shove her out the doorway.

"Where's the fun in that?" He scoffed out with a laugh and finally managed to push her onto the ground, the noise making a loud thud.

"Let me put it this way, Jiyeon," He said as he stared at her, taking intimidating steps towards her figure that now appeared small, helpless.

"I never fucking loved you. I thought you would've caught onto my little game but you made yourself believe this little delusion that I was so in love with you. Yeah, you told me your life problems but did you honestly think I would care? All you I wanted was your body yet you couldn't seem to give that up either." He said and Jiyeon reminisced the moments they shared, thinking how she was the only one stupid and in love while the guy she was with put on a façade, not feeling an ounce of love for her.

"Luckily, my beautiful girl over there managed to give that up. Her idea was so brilliant: keep sleeping with her until one day you would find out. That way, you can feel the pain you caused me by never sleeping with me." He said and Jiyeon knew this man was delusional.

"Are you stupid?" She asked in a small voice, startling him.

"What'd you say?" She asked with a raised brow, not believing that she would have the guts to tell him that. She was, after all, intimidated by him and his aura.

"I asked if you were fucking stupid." She replied, gritted teeth and fists clenched from the anger that rised in her body, overpowering the hurt and heartbreak she was truly feeling.

"Should be asking yourself that. Look at you, pathetic little girl crying cause she found out the truth after years." He laughed out before taking stepdad towards her and crouching down right next to her figure.

"But you should watch that mouth with me, little girl."

A snap alerted her, noticing the girl who laid on the bed had gotten up herself and began walking towards her.

All of a sudden, she grabbed onto her hair, the same aching sensation she felt three years ago coming back and haunting her.

Jiyeon tried her best to fight back, desperately kicking and wanting her to let go as her PTSD from the night her father got arrested came back, making her hyperventilate.

Instead of taking it seriously or even caring on her new state, the girl tossed Jiyeon out of the front door, slamming it and locking it shut.

From above, Jiyeon began to hear things fall onto the ground.

"Get lost and never come back! I'll make sure that everyone never finds out the truth." Her now ex-boyfriend taunted as he began throwing out every thing she left at his home: clothes, jewelry, gifts, anything and everything.

The evil laughter had finally came to a stop as the last of her items fell on the ground. The window he threw the items out of had been closed and the curtains drawn, revealing the silhouette of two happy people, kissing knowing damn well they just hurt another person.

Jiyeon scrambled for her phone, the item being in her pocket.

Once she found it, she dialed the only person she knew she could count on.

"Chunhei? I need you so badly right now." Jiyeon let out in choked out sobs, the pain coming to hit her again.

Thankfully, Chunhei was an understanding friend, picking up the girl from said location and allowing her to stay with her, eventually leading the two to live together in an apartment while Changmin moved away with his new lover.

News had spread fast about their breakup, Changmin flipping the story and making it seem like Jiyeon was the one who cheated.

People who she claimed as friends called her a whore, slut, bitch and all kinds of names for supposedly cheating on Changmin and brutally kicking him out of her home.

Jiyeon sobbed, feeling betrayed by those closest to her. The only person she had was Chunhei who brought up a suggestion: move away and start a new life in a new city.

They did as they planned and moved to the city where she would meet the infamous Na Jaemin.

You may be wondering "where the hell is Yunhee during all this? She's been knowing Jiyeon since high school.". Let's just say, Yunhee was a bit too obsessed, moving with the two girls and getting a job where Jiyeon started her new life.

That was how Jiyeon lost her faith in men, the feeling of heartbreak and betrayal haunting her every moment. The photos in her camera roll served as a reminder to never let go or else they'll all do stuff like Changmin.