thirteen

Jiyeon arrived at Jaemin's house, coffee in hand once again and knocked on the door.

Jaemin heard the sounds and opened the door, smiling at Jiyeon.

"You know you practically live here now. You don't have to knock." He said as she handed him the coffee.

"For one, I feel awkward just walking in here. It's only been like 3 days of me living here and two, I don't have a key so I don't really have a choice, do I?" She replied as she entered in the home, crouching down to ruffle Buddy's fur since he was practically jumping at her when she stood.

"I should probably give you one." He said and Jiyeon laughed a bit at his realization face.

She placed a small kiss on Buddy's head before making her way up the stairs and getting herself out of her work uniform to get into comfortable clothing for the rest of the day. Jaemin sent a slight jealous glare at Buddy who kept his mouth open with happy pants flooding the sound only to tilt his head at the expression his owner gave him.

Jaemin gave up the act and laughed at himself and at Buddy's expression before ruffling Buddy's fur as well.

He roamed around the ground floor, thinking of what to do to spend time with her and get her accustomed to him. He wanted to show that he was someone that she can be comfortable with and someone she can rely on, remembering Kyungmi's words to him.

An idea suddenly sparked in his mind and he instantly began preparing for it. He made popcorn, gathered some blankets and a wide variety of the movie discs he owned. If it was obvious, he decided to have a small movie 'date' which sounds boring but hey, little steps at a time.

Jiyeon made her way back downstairs about ten minutes after she had gone up, showing her now bare face and her idea of comfortable clothing— shorts and an oversized shirt.

Jiyeon sniffed the air, enjoying the scent of the freshly popped popcorn and looked at Jaemin.

"What's going on?" She asked, not catching the idea since she didn't see the nice setup Jaemin had made in the living room. All she saw was the big bowl of popcorn on the kitchen counter.

"Me and you, movie night?" He asked her and she smiled while nodding her head.

"Coincidentally, I have the day off tomorrow so I can stay up watching movies." She said and took a piece, placing it into her mouth and chewing happily.

"Go ahead and choose the movie. It's all set up in the living room." He said and she turned her head in the direction of said area and saw the stacks of movie discs he had.

She got up and went to the area, beginning to go through each of the movies one by one and landed on her childhood favorite— Beauty and the Beast.

She held the disk up in the air, calling out "Wanna watch this one?"

In response, Jaemin nodded his head while he brought the bowl of popcorn and small meal he created for the two into the living room, settling the food down and sitting comfortably on the couch. Buddy followed and laid himself on the ground, falling asleep in the presence of his two owners.

Jiyeon excitedly put the disc in the DVD player and went to shut off all the lights in the house. Once she did so, she ran and jumped onto couch, practically falling on Jaemin and she let out loud giggles from the excitement. It had been a while since she saw the movie.

Jaemin found her excitement adorable. Her perfect set of teeth and the squinting of her eyes when she laughed made him smile, feeling his heart flutter simply at her sight.

Once Jiyeon realized she was practically on top of Jaemin, she sat herself up and kept a small distance between the two, feeling slightly embarrassed. She cleared her throat before grabbing a blanket and pulling it over herself.