nine

The 6 boys watched as Jaemin lost motivation to do stuff throughout the day.

His head hung low and his eyes drooped as he felt a slight pain in his heart everytime he recalled the moments from the morning. Yes, they may have not known each other that well or even long enough but she was his soulmate and that was enough for him to get attached.

His friends all got in a down mood as well. They were expecting a nice and cheerful girl for Jaemin since that was the kind of person he was but they were wrong. She hated soulmates and love and everyone could tell.

"It sucks seeing him like this." Mark said as he sat on the couch, watching Jaemin move slowly around the kitchen being followed by a sad Buddy as well.

"Jeno! Wasn't Kyungmi like this before? She was like against soulmates?" Renjun asked Jeno who nodded in response.

"Tell Kyungmi to talk to- um.." Haechan looked at the group with wide eyes as he realized none of them knew her name.

"I think her name was Jinyoung?" Jeno said as he tried to recall the name of Jaemin's soulmate from the time he visited.

"Jiyeon," Jaemin muttered, catching the attention of the group. "Han Jiyeon."

"Right.." Mark said and watched as Jaemin continued making himself a bowl of cereal. He looked so sad and it hurt them all.

"Have Kyungmi talk to Jiyeon. She can't be like this forever." Haechan said and Jeno nodded.

"I'll call her." Jeno replied and he went out of the living room, dialing her number and asking for her to go to Jaemin's house ASAP.

Not too long after, Kyungmi arrived with baby Sunhi in her arms.

"What happened?" She asked the second she was led to the couch.

"There's a problem with Jaemin and his soulmate." Mark worriedly said and pointed to the still solemn Jaemin who kept his head low.

"Yikes. Bad huh?" She asked and they all nodded their heads.

"Mind explaining?" She turned to her own soulmate who took in a deep breath and there, he began telling her about the whole situation in the morning and her exact words to them all before she left.

"Sounds like me." Kyungmi muttered out and faced her baby who played with Chenle and Jisung.

"Except she's a bit.. meaner." Mark said, hesitating on calling her mean since he knew Jaemin was one to defend people, especially his soulmate.

"In my situation, I didn't want to be with Jeno because of.. ahem.. that guy and also because I wasn't ready to care for a baby. Maybe for her it's a guy bothering her or she just isnt ready. It's a really stressful situation to be in." Kyungmi explained, recalling her own feelings and thoughts during her first days of being Jeno's soulmate.

"Can you talk to her? Try and figure out why she's being like this?" Jaemin asked, scaring everyone since they all thought he was still in the kitchen moping around.

"I can try, Nana. She may be like me and not be ready to speak but I'll definitely try talking to her." Kyungmi said and Jaemin gave a sad smile before embracing her.

"Thank you." He murmured as she returned the embrace.

"No problem. What time does she get home?" She asked him as he released from the hug.

"Oh! I forgot to ask Yunhee!" Jaemin said at the sudden memory of asking the girl at the cash register at the coffee shop he went to for her number to ask for information regarding Jiyeon.

"Yunhee? She hot?" Haechan asked with a slight anticipation and Mark smacked the boy on the back, making him wince.

"You need to stop looking for hot girls. You're not gonna get laid." Mark said and Haechan glared at the older.

"Cockblock."

"Just reminding you of reality."

Jaemin laughed a bit at their interactions which made them smile, happy to see the boy in a slightly better mood.

Jaemin swiftly pulled out his phone and texted the Yunhee.

Jaemin:
hey yunhee! this is jaemin! the
regular at the coffee shop

It didn't take long for Jaemin to see the three dots on the screen, signifying that she was typing.

Yunhee:
oh hi!!
what's up? :)

Jaemin:
Jiyeon is there right?

Yunhee:
Yeah she is!
she's making orders right now

Jaemin:
do you happen to know when her
shift ends?

Jaemin looked at his phone with anticipation as he watched the three bubbles appear and disappear at a constant rate.

Yunhee:
i don't know the exact time sorry :(
but i do know that we all usually
work for a specific amount of time.
she's been here for like an hour
so i would say that she'll get
off in about 5 hours.

Jaemin:
great!
thank you!

Yunhee:
no problem :)))

Jaemin turned off his phone, the soft "click" drawing the attention of the friends who waited.

"She gets off in probably about 5 hours." Jaemin announced and everyone sighed, knowing they didn't have a lot of time.

"It's okay. I'll stay. I don't have any plans today anyways." Kyungmi said and Jaemin gave her a thankful smile only to be interrupted by Jeno giving her a small kiss on the cheek.

"Do you want me to bring Sunhi home?" He asked in a whisper tone and she nodded her head with a smile.

"It'd be helpful to not have her here since she does get fussy." She replied and he nodded in understanding.

"Are all of you guys leaving now?" Jaemin asked the group who shook their heads.

"I can stay a bit longer but I have errands to run later." Renjun said and everyone else muttered a small 'same'.

"Then let's make the best of this time." Jaemin said with a smile and the group returned it, happy to see Jaemin in a better mood from earlier.

And with that, the adults, the baby, and dog huddled on the couch and watched TV, Jaemin playing with Sunhi who was without a doubt his favorite.

About 2 hours had passed and soon enough, his friends began leaving one by one until it was just Kyungmi and Jaemin left.