eleven

Jaemin made his way into the kitchen where he saw Jiyeon staring intently into the fridge.

"I hope you don't mind me using your food." She said when she felt his presence arriving in the kitchen.

"Not at all. Can I ask why you're making food though? Cause you were crying like 5 minutes ago." Jaemin said and Jiyeon sent a small glare his way.

"And you weren't talking 5 minutes ago." She shot back and he simply shrugged at her remark.

"Anyways, I feel bad that I've been nothing but a bitch to you so I'm trying to show you that I'm not just a bitch and wanted to give you an apology meal." She continued and looked over at him, seeing his lips curve into a smile as he hopped onto the kitchen counter, sitting with a straight posture.

"An apology meal? How do you know I'm gonna accept it?" He teased and Jiyeon shrugged before closing the fridge.

"You're not eating then." She simply said and was about to make her way out of the kitchen until Jaemin got of the counter and grabbed her wrist, practically pulling her back to him as a hearty laugh emitted from his lips.

"I'll accept it if you're a good enough chef." He said with a smile as his hand didn't let go of her wrist.

A small blush rose on her cheeks from the contact and she gave him an awkward smile in return before basically pulling her own wrist back and breaking eye contact. Her heart was beating so rapidly it scared her. She let out a shaky breath as she tried to cool down and Jaemin gave her a puzzled expression.

He was confused with her sudden actions and that's when he remembered Kyungmi's words, telling him to be patient with her. As curiosity took course, he began to wonder what exactly happened to Jiyeon to make her act in such a way, as if she was hesitating to trust him.

Jiyeon attempted to continue gather ingredients, redness not cooling down as she realized his eyes were still locked on her, as if he was trying to read right through her. She hoped in her mind that Kyungmi didn't tell him when she had gone to the kitchen.

Jiyeon was one to no longer trust so easily. It became a difficult task after many events in her life. Trusting people would eventually lead to her own pain in life.

She mentally cursed herself for trusting Kyungmi too easily. The little voice in her head was pestering her, calling her an idiot for giving into Kyungmi's words but the other part told her to relax and trust her and Jaemin. The other voice reminded her that they were no longer the people of her past.

The people of her past.

She abruptly stopped in her tracks as she recalled memories. The pain she endorsed and having only Chunhei there to help her. The amount of times she lashed out at people only to lose them not long after. It was difficult for the girl to open up and because of it, many people left her.

Her eyes carefully traveled to meet Jaemin's, taking in every feature of his face from doing so.

Jaemin noticed her and gave a quick smile before reading her expression and realizing that something was bothering her.

As they looked into each other's eyes, Jiyeon gulped down the nervous lump in her throat, trying to rid herself of the invasive thoughts. As she looked, something inside her told her to not let him go. He was her soulmate and she needed him with her.

Her eyes became glassy as she tried settling her thoughts that fought with each other, one telling her to not trust him and he'll just leave like everyone else and cause her even more pain while the other telling her that nothing bad will happen since he was assigned to her by the universe.