C H A P T E R T W E N T Y- N I N E

Start from the beginning

"Madam, make I drive you,"

Chidinma cocked her head and let out a little chuckle, "Don't worry, Ibrahim. I'm just gong to see my mom,"

Ibrahim gave her a twitchy smile, beads of sweat rolling down his skinny face, "Madam, please eh... make I drive you? You no fit drive in your condition, madam,"

Chidinma knew that somehow her news had reached the help overnight. This morning she had heard several maids commenting and whispering, some flashing her looks of envy and some smiles.

Chidinma rolled her eyes playfully, "Okay, fine." She moved to the other side of the car, where Ibrahim opened the door, still sweating. Chidinma did not think nothing of it, after all, today was sweltering hot in Lagos.

She should have.

It was not until they passed Lekki Phase 1 and were driving towards rural Lagos, that Chidinma realized that something was wrong. Chidinma had looked up from her game of Candy Crush to see local Lagos homes near Badagry. Fear filled her gut as she had a terrible feeling.

Chidinma begged and screamed for Ibrahim to release her from the car, promising him the world if he did. When he announced that 'they' kidnapped his wife and son, Chidinma promised to get them back. To do anything. As long as he didn't do this. Shaking his head and apologizing, he approached a fighting Chidinma and roughly stabbed a painful needle in her neck.

The next time Chidinma was awake, she was at a busy checkpoint, seated in a blue bus with girls who were wearing little to nothing. She looked out the window to see different market sellers, hollering for the sale of their products. A little disoriented, she stepped out of the bus, seeing double. She did not care that her vision was completely screwed. 

She just wanted to escape.

Chidinma kept staggering and staggering, until she heard yells behind her. She sped up her movements, but two men with terrible body odor and yellow teeth caught up to her and no matter how much she trashed, they dragged her back to the bus. Then, subdued her with the same needle Ibrahim had used.

Again, Chidinma awoke, head pounding, to see herself strapped to a private jet seat, the clouds visible from the window seat she was in. Before she could move, one of the men held a gun next to the head of a terrified young girl, who was wearing but a bra and panties. Chidinma froze immediately.

The man sneered, "Madam, no move oh. If I see pim, this ashawo go chop bullet,"

Chidinma stayed extremely still for the rest of the flight. When it landed, Chidinma and the girls were pushed out of the plane down into the hangar. The other girls were ushered into an awaiting black bus, the windows tinted. But Chidinma was left by the stairs, hands and feet tied, with one of the men watching her.

When Chidinma saw who picked her up, she really regretted not beating the living shit out of her at her engagement party.

Angela Soliso.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Who are you?" Chidinma croaked, her vision blurry.

The other her squatted down next to her, a wry smile on her face as she stroked Chidinma's real face, "Call me your guardian angel. Or Adaobi,"