Chapter 5 - Death of an Idol

Start from the beginning

Taka: My goodness, Y/N! Are you okay?

Y/N: Y-Yeah, I'll be fine, thanks.

Y/N slowly got up and adjusted his mask. He looked Celeste dead in the eyes, then headed to the kitchen to make himself some breakfast. Celeste merely smiled and giggled to herself, and if someone could concentrate enough, they would see a tiny blush emerge on Celeste's cheeks.

Timeskip

After an hour or so, everyone had gathered in the dining hall. At least almost all of them.

Sayaka and Byakuya were late. It seemed rather strange that Sayaka was missing, but they all knew that Byakuya turned up whenever he wanted. As to be expected of the Ultimate Affluent Progeny. All of the students were now sat down in a awkward silence. But the silence was shattered when Taka stood up, cleared his throat and began.

Taka: This still isn't all of us. Byakuya and Sayaka are late. Such a lack of punctuality is not welcome in a school environment!

Leon: Yeah, we can see they're not here. It's obvious, dumbass. So where the hell are they?

Y/N: I mean I can understand why the rich arsehole is late, but I don't know about Sayaka. She seems like someone who would arrive on time.

Byakuya: I am a 'rich arsehole' Y/N? Tch, such petty insults do not unnerve me.

All of them looked over to see Byakuya enter the room, not even bothering to acknowledge the rest of them and sat down by a separate, smaller table.

Y/N: What an absolute dick, how far up his ass is that silver spoon of his?

Belial: Judging by his mannerisms, I'd say very far.

Mondo: Hey Togami, you seen Sayaka around? I'm starving dude.

Byakuya: Do I look like her keeper? I came straight from my room to here.

Hifumi: It is a little out of character for Maizono not to be here. She's usually one of the first, or at least, she's here before me.

Kyoko: I get the sense she always has her stuff together.

Y/N could see Makoto break into an nervous sweat, as if a dark speck of unease had rose up inside of him. He suddenly got to his feet, surprising everyone. They could all see him begin to shake.

Makoto: I think...I think I need to go and check on her!!!

Y/N: Ok, I'll go with you! Let's go!

Y/N and Makoto ran to Sayaka's room as fast as they could, their footsteps echoing through the silent halls.

Y/N: You don't think? No, there's already been a murder? Please say there hasn't!

Belial: Ooh this is getting rather interesting. I wonder what happened...

Makoto reached the door first, and to his apparent surprise the door easily opened.

Makoto: What the hell?! It should be locked!

Y/N: Wait, what? Why should it be locked?

Makoto didn't answer as Y/N and Makoto headed into the room, they saw a disturbing sight. The walls had scratch marks all over them. There was a gold replica katana on the floor, its sheath with a slash mark cut into it. A table had been flipped over. All of these were signs of a struggle of some kind. They then headed to the bathroom door. It's doorknob had been unscrewed, to the point that it was barely hanging on the door.

Makoto gently opened the door...