Chapter Thirteen

Reader

It's funny how time can go by so quickly. It seemed like just yesterday I arrived at the dorms. And now... Now it's the first day of the school year.

Although it doesn't really feel like that, since attending classes aren't mandatory. Makes you wonder what would motivate anyone to actually attend.

And yet I heard the third-years have been attending every day since their first year. Something about their amazing homeroom who insisted on teaching them for each year.

Must be nice to have an amazing teacher who actually cares for their students.

I'm shocked teachers like those even exist.

Still, I might as well attend the first day; see if any of the new students interest me. I had recently gotten addicted to a new mobile game, so I hadn't been out of my room for a couple days. Kokichi constantly messaged me, and Shuichi brought me some meals to make sure I was eating. Both wanted to check up on me in their own way, and I certainly didn't complain. Luckily they were understanding of my recent interest in the game, and while Kokichi soon joined me, Shuichi warned me about spending too much cash on a game I may tire of in a few weeks.

Sometimes it feels like Kokichi's a brother and Shuichi's a concerned parent.

Still love both regardless.

Platonically, of course. I want to keep my options open with a new school year.

Kokichi

That was too close. My men almost didn't get the job done. But at least I can rest easy knowing Kaede died.

That bitch's out of the way, which means I'm only dealing with my biggest rival.

Shuichi.

He doesn't look it on the outside, but he's smart. Cunning. He knows how to manipulate situations around him. The fact is his information was the only reason Kaede was eliminated so easily.

He has connections to information I don't.

Still, he doesn't have the aspect of having people work for him. I do.

Doesn't matter how much information he has if he's outnumbered, right?

Right.

Shuichi

Kokichi sent me the message concerning Kaede. She's finally dead.

Still... He has people working for him. That alone is enough to concern me. And if I remember correctly, (Name) said she joined his organization.

She must still think it only consists of ten members who pull pranks.

Naïve, naïve (Name). Even so, I love you. I love you so much. You're my everything. You don't normally hear of the detective committing crimes, but if that ends up being the way to make you mine, then I'll do it.

I'll do anything to keep you as mine.

Reader

While I have still gotten lost walking around the campus, I will admit I've gotten better at coordinating around the campus. I can even get to the dining hall on my own without getting lost; that was a major victory in my eyes.

And yet here I am; lost once again. I was trying to find my way to the school building; the place where I'm meant to attend my classes. It didn't take long to become lost though. I really am bad with directions....

Perhaps I should text Shuichi or Kokichi-

Slam!

Out of nowhere, I felt some strong force crash into my body, forcing me to the ground. While attempting to catch myself, I ended up with a couple scrapes on my arms and legs.

"Ow...."