Chapter Twelve

Kaede

"I'm surprised I haven't heard of this show; the music was excellently composed. How have I never heard of the music...?"

(Name) simply chuckled at my questions, using the nearby remote to pause the TV.

"I'm not entirely sure; but you have to agree the actors are hot, right?"

Ah... Um...

"(Name), I can't necessarily agree with you on that..."

(Name) seemed to look at me in shock.

"What!? Why not!? You can't tell me-"

"I'm lesbian."

Reader

Oh... OH!

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't realize - I can't believe I made you binge watch this-"

Kaede shook her head, her smile still on her face.

"No worries; I just thought I should be upfront with you. You didn't know, so there's no harm."

I sighed.

"I suppose if you're sure-"

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Excuse me for a minute." I stated, sliding off the bed and heading towards the door.

Shuichi

"(Name), have you seen Kaede?"

Name was a bit confused by the question, but nodded regardless.

"Yeah, she's here with me."

(Name) opened the door a bit so I could see her.

Oh (Name)'s bed...

First Kokichi, now Kaede...

But I'll be the one to stay in her bed.

"I was hoping I could talk with her for a bit. Do you mind if I come in?"

(Name) seemed a bit confused, but didn't say no.

Entering, I sat on a nearby chair, keeping up my serious act.

"I believe we met earlier, but I didn't give a proper introduction. I'm Shuichi Saihara; the ultimate detective. My specialties have mainly stayed in missing pets and a very small handful of murder cases."

Kaede seemed confused. As expected. She's so naive.

"I had recently been given a case of a missing person. I didn't realize it before, but after seeing the resemblances, I can't keep quiet..."

I took a deep sigh.

"I found your missing twin sister."

Kaede

You're kidding me...

The sister I thought was long gone... Dead, even.

I couldn't contain the tears that were spilling out of pure joy.

"You're serious, right...?"

Shuichi nodded.

"She was found in Hawaii. It seems like she had managed to escape her kidnappers at the airport, and ended up in Hawaii after taking the wrong flight. She doesn't have the money to return, so she's staying at the police-"

I quickly jumped off the bed, grabbing my things.

"I'll go."

I turned to (Name).

"I apologize for leaving so suddenly, but I haven't seen her in over five years."

(Name) nodded in understanding.

"Of course; you go reunite with her. Comfort her and give her all the affection and love you can."

And with that, I was out of the room, quick to pack my things for a flight.

It didn't matter if I would be gone after the school year started. I had to see my sister.

Shuichi

All according to plan. Kokichi stated he had some of his men in Hawaii, who would take care of everything. Of course, my connections were the reason we were able to pull this off in the first place. Without knowing if Kaede had any missing siblings, we couldn't pull this off successfully.

Glancing towards (Name), I smiled. I'm finally with her alone.

Kaede had done her final act of politeness by closing the door behind her.

"What's this show?" I couldn't help but ask in curiosity.

I must know everything about (Name).

Everything.

Reader

I never expected I'd have the opportunity to fangirl about the same show two days in a row to two different people. While Kokichi had a more emotional way to connect -pretending to fanboy with me-, Shuichi made the reasons I fangirled sound logical -'He bought her roses every day to express her love; how could she not feel loved?'-.

Both experiences were nice. Although, as the episodes passed by, so did the time. The only problem is I didn't realize how many episodes had passed until it was past ten-pm.

I ended up missing both lunch and dinner from the cafeteria. The show was that good.

Knock. Knock.

"I'll get it." Shuichi stated, getting off the bed to answer the door.

I was rendered speechless when I noticed that it was a pizza delivery person outside my door. When did Shuichi even order the pizza?!

Soon enough, Shuichi was returning to the bed, napkins and paper plates on top of the box.

"Your favorite toppings were (topping(s)), right?"

I smiled, nodding happily.

"That detective's memory truly is something."

Shuichi chuckled shyly, and I could tell he took that compliment to heart.

"I'm sorry for not ordering sooner; I had to do it when I knew you wouldn't be looking."

Now it was my turn to laugh.

"Seriously Shuichi; you're too perfect. Trying to do all this for me and such; you'd make a wonderful boyfriend."

Shuichi's face had been dusted with a light pink from the previous complement. Now a deep red was visible.

And it was downright adorable.

"A-Are you serious? Do you really think that?"

I nodded.

"Of course. I'm not looking for a relationship this second, but I'll send any possible contenders your way. Don't worry; I'll make sure they're worthy for someone as amazing as you."

Smiling brightly, I opened the pizza box, quick to serve myself some slices of the delicious pizza.

I could only hope my compliments didn't end up breaking Shuichi; he always was the type to be easily flustered.

Shuichi

I should be happy... Ecstatic... I know some part of me is. (Name)'s compliments. The way she so openly praised me...

I'm not looking for a relationship this second.

Those words... I wasn't sure how to respond to such a statement. Sure, I could be reassured knowing Kokichi's attempts like earlier would be shut down.

But what about my own attempts?

No, it doesn't matter what she thinks. I know she'll be happy with me.

We're meant to be after all.