Chapter 17

This chapters song-
Night Changes - One Direction

ARIANA

"So the AMA's tonight Ariana, are you excited?" Sophia, who was currently getting her hair and makeup done, asked from her spot in Lou's makeup chair.

"Yeah, very," I said enthusiastically, the BRITs had been a lot of fun so I was looking forward to the AMA's being just as fun, if not more, considering the boys were preforming tonight.

Eleanor was unable to make it because she was away for her brothers birthday party back in England, but she wished the boys lots of luck on the three awards that they were nominated for.

"Done," Lou said, "Soph, your dress is in the closet, it's the white one."

"Thank you Lou," Sophia smiled and walked over to the closet to put on her dress.

"Okay love, have a seat," Lou said, motioning to the seat in front of her.

"Yes ma'am," I giggled, sitting down in the seat.

"Watch it Grande," Lou joked, "I'm only a few years older than you."

"How was the trip?" Lou asked, referring to the trip to Bradford to meet Zayn's parents.

"Good, a lot better than I expected," I told her, "I was really worried for nothing."

"They are really amazing people," Lou said, as she finished my eyeliner and went to start on my lipstick.

"Yeah, Zayn said they all liked me but Safaa..." I started sadly.

"You've got to give her time, she was the closest to Perrie and even though she's only 12 she's been through a lot, so she's just guarded, okay? Give her time, I promise she'll come around." Lou explained.

"I know," I sighed, "Zayn told me the same thing."

"Smart lad he is," Lou chuckled.

***

My dress was absolutely amazing, it was red with red sequins on it, it looked as if it was made just for me.

Apparently Zayn had thought the same thing when we'd met up by the car that we would arrive to the venue in, because he was speechless.

"I know, it's absolutely amazing!" I squealed spinning around. Okay, so I was a little obsessed with the dress.

ZAYN

I couldn't stop staring at Ariana's dress as we got in the car and started the short drive to the AMA's.

It fit her body perfectly and her hair was in the half up half down style that she hadn't worn in a while, but still looked amazing on her.

After we'd gotten out of the car, Louis and I met up while Harry, Liam, Niall, Sophia, Ariana, and Louis' parents went to go sit in our assigned spots.

"Bro, I think you really like her, you might be in to deep man," Louis said, passing me the cigarette.

"No, I really think she's different," I said, taking a drag and passing it back.

"You thought the exact same thing last time," He sighed, I did as well, because we both knew what he was referring to when he said last time, "I just don't want to see you get hurt man. You've only known her how many months? Five?"

"And a half," I sighed, "I think she's different. She doesn't act like Perrie did."

"And that would be," Louis pressed as he put out the cigarette and signaled for me to follow him into the building.

"She doesn't act like she's getting paid to be with me," I said sadly.

Louis nodded, "So it's safe to say you like her?"

"Well," I started as we entered the front doors to the venue, making our way to the seats we'd been directed to, "Not that I like her, but being in a committed relationship without a contact wouldn't be the worst thing ever."

Louis just laughed and winked as we made our way to sit down.

"Hey, everything okay?" Ariana asked when I took my seat next to her.

"Perfectly fine." I smiled, she smiled back and we sat and waited for the award show to start.

***

"...It'll never change me and you." Harry finished off Night Changes, the song we sang for the show tonight.

We had ended up winning the three awards we were nominated for, which was really more than any of us could have asked for.

I was thankful that night for the awards that we'd won, and the amazing girl that I got to be with when I won them.

***
Yay!!! Zayn and Ariana are so cute awe!