Chapter 63

"Long time no see, dad."

Both boys gaped at the intruder with wide, surprised eyes and their mouths opened so wide a swarm of bees could've flown right through them. Jungkook was the first one to recover from the sudden shock, pressing his lips into one tight line and giving his father the deadliest glare he could muster. His hand which had been caressing Taehyung's cheeks just a moment ago was slightly shaking.

The intruder, a handsome yet unfriendly-looking man in his late thirties, looked at them, suspiciously and at the same time disapprovingly. "I've asked you a question, Jungkook. Who is this and what is this? I didn't send you here to eat burgers with some pink-haired gay boy, I sent you here so you can improve yourself and study!," he scolded lowly, pointing at the two of them with his index finger. Taehyung felt highly uncomfortable, wanting nothing more than to dive under the table and stay there until this conversation was over.

The ravenette was clearly starting to feel angry rather than appalled, meeting his father's eyes in a split second and biting his lips in annoyance. "Don't bring him into this and don't you dare insult him. It's Saturday and also Valentine's Day which means loads of free time for me so I really don't get your problem here. Besides, mind explaining why you're spying on your son who's simply enjoying a meal in a burger restaurant on a Saturday?," he then snapped, his tone colder than the older had boy had ever heard from him, even colder than it had been the whole drama at Lee Ruo's party and Seven Minutes In Heaven with Jimin.

"You know, Jungkook...," Jungkook's father mumbled quietly but clearly, "I just heard some interesting news from your principal who just called me. You were expelled because of death threats, physical violence and false rape accusations towards your classmates? And I thought you were actually bettering yourself but here you are with some pink boy, turning yourself stupider than you originally were and acting like you're his caregiver or something...," he tutted, making rage cook up in both of them.

Jungkook knew he was screwed. There was no way he could talk himself out of this, it wasn't like his father would believe him if he told him the school's principal had expelled him unfairly. But what upset him even more was the way the older was talking about Taehyung right now, in his presence.

"Didn't I already tell you to stop bringing him into this? His name is Taehyung and I'm not his caregiver, I'm his... very special friend. And yes, I did get expelled. I'm not even gonna bother trying to explain to you since you never listen to me anyways. You just think what you want to think. Just like that school's shitty principal." Below the table, his hand searched for Taehyung's hand and when he had found it, he intertwined their fingers and gave it a little squeeze.

"Jeon Jungkook, you better lose that attitude with me or I'll drag you back to Busan by your ears right now," Mr. Jeon hissed. "You disappoint me more and more every day, probably your amazing mother's genes. What the hell has Seokjin been doing with you? Instead of disciplining you, he makes you into something worse. What a tragedy." He tsk'ed again, his disapproving gaze now lingering on a clearly uncomfortable Taehyung.

"And you, what even are you? I've been observing you for a while. Acting like you're his girlfriend or something, it's embarrassing. My son may be many things, but he's most definetely not a homosex--" The man got interrupted by Jungkook standing up all of a sudden, his chair making a squeaky noise on the floor.

"Actually, dad," he spoke calmly, but furiously. "I kind of am. Mom's genes, huh? I like both and before you start asking stupid questions, that is possible. Not the way I wanted to tell you but oh well, you leave me with no other choice. The person you're talking down to right now is my future boyfriend and let's just say I don't quite appreciate the way you're speaking to him. He's lovely and beautiful from inside out so if you don't mind, be nice to him. We like each other a lot and we'd appreciate it if you left us alone."
For a while, there was a pin-drop silence.