Chapter 51

"It's been a while since I've seen you here, Taehyung. Long time no see. Let's play a little game, all together, shall we?"

The brunette gulped, feeling his throat tighten and his legs wobble.
Not out of excitement, out of fear.
This was the first time he had to look into those eyes again.

Those malicious, cold, merciless eyes that could make anyone's blood run cold by just a simple look at them.
What was even worse was the slight satisfaction that always seemed to be displayed inside them, given his quite sadistic personality trait.

Taehyung did not utter a single word or move a single muscle, his eyes fixated onto the ground and his teeth gritted, fists balled tightly. From the corner of his eyes he could see Jimin give the other boy a death glare as well as Jungkook looking at himself worriedly, hesitating if he should take his hand to comfort him- which he chose not to as he didn't want to expose his liking for Taehyung and vice versa to the now devilishly grinning boy.

"Well, come upstairs. We're playing a fun little round of spin the bottle." Gesturing all three of them to come with, he walked forward and led them upstairs, a red paper cup held loosely by his bony fingers.

The three of them started walking reluctantly, Jungkook placing his hand on Taehyung's lower back in attempt to steady him, as he really looked like he was about to collapse or faint. The brunette was extremely grateful for that since his legs felt wobbly and unsteady, just like jelly. He couldn't help it.
Jungkook paid extra attention to keep his distance to Ruo, who now walked up a flight of stairs, a creamy beige carpet laid over them.

He came to realize Taehyung's ex-boyfriend had almost the same hair colour as Taehyung, a brown only few shades lighter than his, more like auburn.
He looked tall and strong, and very handsome. Though his cruelty made all his positive attributes fade into the background, to Jungkook, he resembled nothing but the literal devil.

Upstairs, the boy led them towards a small group of teenagers sitting in form of a circle, a bottle laying among them. They seemed like they were just waiting for Ruo to return to give them instructions, as if they were his little minions.

To Jungkook's misfortune, he saw Kim Hyeonjeong, the girl from before, sit amongst the group, the girl slightly peeking at him and immediately looking away with red cheeks as she met his glaring eyes.

Taehyung felt his lunch come up again as he saw BamBam and a friend (Yugyeom, perhaps?) of his sitting right in the middle of the circle and Jimin felt his stomach turn as he recognized his only ex-girlfriend from grade Seven, it did not end well and he had not wished to ever come across her again.

"Friends, we have some new kids joining us. Let's give them a warm welcome." The host raised his paper cup with a smirk on his face, the little group doing the exact same.

"Lots of familiar faces, huh? To make this interesting, how about we try something new? Seven minutes in heaven, inside my fine little closet standing right here, how about it? We're all well-acquainted, aren't we?" Ruo looked into the little crowd, looking smug and checking their reactions, all of their faces laced with utter shock.

"We have lots of interesting pairs for sure. Jimin, how would you feel about having a little go with your ex-girlfriend from all these years ago? Awkward? Then, would you rather have Taehyung instead?"
The boy smirked at the silverhead visibly tensing and gripping the carpet below him with such a force it made his knuckles turn white.

"Then, Jeon Jungkook, was it? An unfamiliar face but you've surely made yourself quite the reputation, am I right?" He cackled.
"A little bit of fun with the fine lady who has been literally head over heels for you since the day you arrived at this school? But you've been too busy ogling at Taehyung to recognize her, how tragic... Unrequited love, the most heartbreaking sort of romance." He pretended to wipe away a tear, fake-crying.