Chapter 53

Their pace was bumpy and uneven, the rainfall and the weight on his back made it hard for Jungkook to keep his tempo, him not wanting to slip and at the same time, wanting to get home as quickly as possible.

On his back, Taehyung took his advice to heart and clung onto the ravenette's neck for dear life, almost choking him but due to the current state of weather he couldn't afford to slip and fall off.
He forced his eyes shut, wanting to get out of this horrible situation as quickly as possible.

Feeling another growl of thunder slowly emerging, the younger boy gave it his all and picked up his pace. They were almost there now, by now, Jungkook's home was only two blocks away.
"We're there soon," he panted in between two ragged breaths, alerting the older by slightly pinching his thigh and then regaining his posture, Taehyung patting his shoulder softly to tell him that he understood.

And then, after about three minutes, the two of them stood in front of a small but cozy-looking house, little bushes and an elegant white bird bath made out of marble making it look quite fancy.
Trying to regain his breath and clutching his chest, Jungkook set Taehyung onto the ground gently and after taking a look at him for a few seconds, hugged him tightly.

"You're so stupid, Taehyung. So, so stupid. Why would you go outside into the rain like that when you know exactly how much it triggers your memories? What if you fainted again and I wasn't there for you?," he asked worriedly, right before breaking the hug and walking closer towards the front door, stepping on the porch.

"I know it was stupid and dangerous. But I wanted- no, I needed to explain everything to you. So I kinda risked it all, I just didn't want you to be mad at me," the brunette admitted with a small voice, his eyes widening as he felt his chin lifted up and the other's dark eyes gaze into his own.

"Oh, believe me. I'm extremely mad at you," Jungkook whispered lowly.
"So fucking mad at you I could kick a damn puppy. Or punch a wall, you get my point. For kissing Jimin, and breaking my heart. For confusing me all over again. And putting yourself in danger for me. But I also know you didn't have a choice, I don't have any right to get mad at you but my emotions are complicated. Sorry."

"You have every right to be mad at me, actually. And yet you still brought me home with you, thank you so, so much for that. You really didn't have to, but you did!" A slight smile made its way on Taehyung's face.
"Don't be silly, of course I had to. You wouldn't be out in the rain if I hadn't run away like that. And--"

All of a sudden, the low, threatening sound of another crash of thunder made them shudder, Taehyung's eyes filling with tears again.

"Oh shit. No, no, no," the ravenette cursed, now realizing they were still standing on the porch and ringing the house's doorbell like a maniac while searching his pockets for clearly non-existent keys.
"Come on, Hyung. Wake the hell up," he mumbled desperately while wrapping an arm around the frightened boy's waist and pulling him closer.

"I told you to bring keys, Jungkook, why would you never listen to me--
Oh my god, Taehyung?! What the hell were you two doing, you're drenched from top to bottom!"
All of a sudden, a broad-shouldered man, clad in pink silk pyjamas and pink slippers, an also pink sleeping mask hanging somewhere in his disheveled black hair.

"It's a long story, Hyung. Can he stay here? He's scared of storms," Jungkook asked impatiently, his free hand grabbing for Taehyung's hand to squeeze it and comfort him.

"Oh dear, of course, of course. Come in and let's get you warmed up." Completely neglecting his cousin, Seokjin threw an arm around the shivering brunette's shoulders and led him inside gently.
"Close the door behind you and change into some warm clothes. And bring some for him, too!," he ordered to the ravenette who was now entering the house, also freezing.