"someone we know?" zayaad repeats. "we know a lot of fucking people."

"zayn," louis calls to him. "do you think you'll be able to recognize his voice if you hear him speak again?"

zayn nods. there's no way he's ever forgetting that voice, it's going to be in his nightmares, he knows it.

"what do you suggest? i take my traumatized little brother around to listen to hundreds of douchebags speak to find the douchebag speak,"

"what do you suggest then?" louis asks.

"simple. i'm taking zayn home, and we'll figure this shit out ourselves," zayaad replies.

"you think he's safe home? we still don't know what the guy wanted, what if he comes back again to attack him? what if he's working with other people?" louis says.

"zaad, i think louis is right. this is our only chance of finding him and the three of us together here makes zayn stand a better chance than him alone," javier replies. "and we don't have to listen to hundreds of douchebags. i shot him in the leg, that narrows down our search by a lot."

"zayn," zayaad calls his attention. "i'm sorry for bringing you into this mess. what do you want to do?"

"i-i won't feel safe knowing he could come for me at anytime. i want us to find him," zayn says.

"okay then," zayaad says. "let's find the motherfucker."

...

later, when louis and javier had left the apartment, zayn and his brother were practically inseparable.

zayn couldn't sleep alone, so he's in his brothers room again. so many things have happened within the span of twenty four hours.

first he saw a dead body. then he discovered his brother deals with drugs and has a hideout with an illegal amount of drugs and guns. then he told louis about his crush on javier, made a move on the said crush by kissing him only to be rejected. and then he got attacked by a stranger and was saved by his crush.

too much events happened in one day. apart from being scared and traumatized, his brain is also overwhelmed. he doesn't know what to think.

"zayn," zayaad calls out his attention. "don't be scared, we'll find him."

zayn nods. "i know. i wanted to ask but, were you able to go through with it?"

by 'it' zayn means burying and disposing of thomas body. zayaad tenses.

"yes," he says. he looks guilty. "it felt horrible. but it was necessary."

zayaad might not show it but he's very affected by what's been happening. zayn has been so focused on himself when zayaad has it just as bad. and he's been doing these for longer.

he moves closer to his brother and cuddles up with him. "i'm sorry. i know you didn't want to do that."

"i've done a lot of things i don't want to do. and i should be the one apologizing, i put your life at risk. i'm so sorry, i shouldn't have let you come visit. i was selfish, i just wanted to see you," zayaad says.

"no," zayn shakes his head. "i don't regret coming here. i wanted to see you too, i'll go through this all over again. that's how much i missed you."

"you deserve a better brother," zayaad says.

"stop saying that," zayn hits his shoulder lightly.