Part Seventeen

**** Well hey there! This is my attempt to make things a little more interesting. :P I really hope you all enjoy it. I think sometimes I have a direction I want to go in and then it somehow completely changes by the time I start typing it up. So I'm really hoping you all like where this went. :) Please feel free to express your opinions on the matter if you want to.****       

          My classmates noticed something was up. My coworkers noticed something was up. My parents even noticed that something was definitely up. I wouldn’t tell anyone what it was though. Instead sat, grumpy and ornery, plotting out my next plan. The only one who didn’t seem to notice so much was Amber, which was weird to me, because this whole thing sort of involved her.

            I called her up after school and we had a nice long conversation on the phone. It was actually so long that my mom eventually had to intervene and make us hang up. Oh well, there was always tomorrow.

            I was going to dress my best for this next plan. I laid out a nice short tight skirt that I rarely ever wore, because let’s be honest here, that just wasn’t my style. I paired that with a mostly lace, tight fitting, off the shoulder top that flared out at the bottom and showed off much more of my skin than I normally liked to show. Oh yeah, top it all off with some black strappy heals and I was going to look damn good the next day.

            I smiled to myself as I looked over my outfit choice. I was probably going to have to find a way to get out the door without my mother seeing me first, but it was totally worth it. Let’s see how much Dr. Kennedy wanted to pretend like she wasn’t trying to keep something between us once she saw this outfit.

-

            I got ready quickly and quietly the next morning. My mother was down in the kitchen making breakfast for herself so I quickly said good-bye and disappeared out the door before she even had time to turn around and see me.

            I had told Amber that I wanted her to pick me up even though she wouldn’t have class for two hours, but she agreed to anyway and she was already waiting outside in her car. Her eyes widened and her jaw practically dropped to the ground when she saw me.

            “Oh… my… you look amazing!”

            I spun around once so she could see the whole things and then hopped in her car. She couldn’t take her eyes off of me and I wondered if we were ever going to make it out of my driveway.

            “You like?” I asked.

            She nodded.

            “I love. But… why are you dressed like that today?” she asked.

            I felt a little guilty as I remembered my plan to make Dr. Kennedy suffer more. This really wasn’t the right thing to do.    

            “Oh you know… just felt like looking nice today.”

            We drove the rest of the way in silence and when we got to the college I didn’t hurry to class. I wanted to be intentionally late this time so when I got to class I’d make one hell of an entrance. There was nothing else she would be able to focus on.

            Amber and I sat talking and she eventually noticed that I was going to be late, but I told her that I didn’t care that day. I just wanted to spend some extra time with her before I went to class. She was happy to comply.

            “Okay seriously. It’s like 10:59 now. You should really get going.”

            I sighed and kissed her quickly before standing up.