Part Twelve

Well there was definitely no denying it now. I had a thing for Dr. Kennedy.

            The next morning as I was walking to class I ran into her in the hallway. Sort of. She was going to say hi I think, but I started walking faster to make sure I got in the classroom. I didn’t want to talk to her. I just wanted to get through the hour and be gone. I mean yeah, I felt a little bad about ignoring her, but it was better than letting her find out I liked her.

            Class was terribly uncomfortable to sit through. I refused to look at her the entire time, which probably made it seem like I wasn’t paying attention. I didn’t doodle this time though, so she couldn’t say anything to me. I simply stared at the floor. That was always a safe place.

            Lani must have noticed, because she came up to me after class with a concerned look on her face.

            “Hey, what’s wrong?” she asked, putting her hand on my shoulder.

            “Nothing… I’m just… tired is all. I didn’t sleep much last night.” I lied.

            Of course I slept that night… pretty damn well too since I was having a hot dream about Dr. Kennedy. No way was I telling Lani that though.

            “Well maybe you should get more sleep.”

            Lani could sometimes do very well at pointing out the obvious.

            “Yeah. I know.”

            The student that was still left in the classroom talking to Dr. Kennedy walked past us. That meant that she was going to be leaving any second, and I was still standing just outside the door way. I looked up to see her picking up her folders and papers.

            “Uh… I have to go,” I said quickly.

            Lani gave me a confused look before I took off in another direction, leaving her standing by herself, confused. Although, I did hear Dr. Kennedy ask about me before I got too far away.

            In the café I found Lesley and sat down with her, but not before quickly grabbing a turkey and cheese sandwich.

            We didn’t really talk much at first. Lesley was too busy working on chemistry homework. It reminded me of the chemistry class I took back in high school my junior year. It was probably the only science class I ever liked.

            I sat quietly, watching as she worked. I wanted to tell her about last night, but I didn’t want to bother her at the same time.

            That was one thing I liked about Lesley. I could tell her pretty much anything, even my deepest darkest secrets that nobody else was allowed to know. For example, the fact that I had a dream about almost having sex with an instructor. Yep. No one else but her would ever be allowed to know that.