Chapter 4: New Sibling

'It's quite rainy today...' Taka thought as he walked through streets.

 It was one of those days he thought the weather would be nice and clear but the weather forecast was wrong, fortunately he had an umbrella with him. He was wearing a trench coat and a face mask so that it would be hard for people to recognize him. Although he was the prime minister, he still wanted to live a life like the citizens. He doesn't want all the money to get to his head.

 He was silently walking on the side walk, he was never a big fan of rain but the sound of it was relaxing, it was just some light rain. Through the sounds of the droplets hitting the pavement by his feet, he heard a noise that stood out. It sounds like... crying? He looked to his side to see that he was near a children's playground, he saw a small figure crouched up from a distance.

'Is that... a child?' Taka thought to himself.

 He stepped closer to the playground to get a closer look, his suspicions were true. It was a small blonde haired girl, she was crouched into a ball and had her face hidden by her crying in her knees. The sight broke Taka's heart; he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He couldn't just let a small child be left alone in the cold rain, so he walked up to the little girl to see why she was here by herself.

"What's wrong little girl?" Taka said in a soft tone, she looks up at him with tears in her eyes.

"I-I was not good enough for him, m-mister..." The girl weakly said.

"You weren't good enough for whom?"

"M-My father..."

"Why weren't you good enough for him?"

"I d-didn't clean the h-house good enough..."

 What Taka was hearing was heart breaking; a little girl was abandoned by her father just because she didn't live up to his expectations. At this age, children shouldn't be responsible to do house chores yet.

"What's your name little girl?" He said, trying to be as comforting as possible.

"K-Kirumi Tojo..." She muttered out.

"..." He couldn't just leave her here; he was thinking if he should do what he was thinking. He decided he would do it. "Do you want to come home with me?"

"G-Go home with you?" Kirumi looked up at him with wide eyes.

"I can't just leave you here... You'll get sick from the cold..." Taka said in a comforting tone. "When we get home, I could take care of you and call the police on your father for abandoning you, or would you like to call them now?"

"I-I'll go with you mister..." Kirumi said trying to clean her tears.

 Taka carefully picked her up gently, stroking her hair lightly to comfort her. He continued to walk down the side walk until he reached his house, he then opened the door.

"Dad's home!" Kaito said as he ran down the stairs.

"Don't run down the stairs Kaito! You might get hurt!" Taka scolded.

"Who is that?" Kaito said pointing at the girl Taka was holding.

"I'm Kirumi..." Kirumi answered.

 Taka placed her on couch and wrapped a blanket around her to keep her warm; he then took his phone out and dialed the police. In the meantime, Kaito was talking to her to be friends with her. After he finished the call, he decided to talk to Kirumi while he waits for the police.

 Tenko then came down the stairs; she saw her father and brother next to a girl who looked about her age.

"A new sister!" Tenko grasped excitedly thinking her father had adopted a new sibling.

"S-Sister?" Kirumi said startled by this new person.

"Um... she's not your sister Tenko... she'll be staying here until the police sort things out..." Taka said.

"Oh..." Tenko signed and sat down on the couch, now they only need Mondo to have the complete family.

After a while, a police officer came to the house, more specifically... Kiyondo.

"Uncle Kiyondo!" Kaito and Tenko said excitedly running up to their uncle.

"Hey kids!" Kiyondo said happy to see his niece and nephew, he then looked over at Kirumi on the couch. "That's the girl right?"

"Yes, did you find her father yet?" Taka said.

"I got some of my men to find him and see if she had any other relatives." Kiyondo said. "He is clearly not fit to take care of a child."

"I don't have anyone else than my father..." Kirumi said.

"Okay... but we will still look into it just in case." Kiyondo said.

"What would happen if there's no one else?" Taka asked.

"She would be put up for adoption or foster care." Kiyondo replied. "Which would be pretty bad since those systems are pretty messed up."

"..." Taka stayed silent, thinking. "Is it possible to adopt her right now?"

"You want to adopt her?"

"Yes, I don't want her to go through anymore hard ships."

"You can! I just need to give you documents to complete the adoption."

"You're adopting me?" Kirumi asked.

"Yes Kirumi." Taka answered. "Would you like that?"

"..." Kirumi thought to herself. "Okay father!"

"Does that mean she's my sister now!?" Tenko asked excitedly.

"Yes Tenko! Kirumi is now your sister!" Taka answered.

"Yes yes yes!" Tenko said running up to Kirumi and hugging her. "I'm so happy to get a sister!"

"And now I have another niece." Kiyondo said.

"So now she'll be living with us from now on?" Kaito asked.

"Yes Kaito, I just need to fill out some documents and then she'll be your new sister." Taka replied.

"Yay! Someone new to play spaceman with me!" Kaito said excitedly.

"She's a girl not a man!" Tenko said still hugging her new sister.

After filling out documents for the adoption, Kirumi was now officially apart of the family. Mondo came home to a new child he'll be caring for.

"You adopted another one?" Mondo asked his husband.

"Yes! She was abandoned by her biological father and I didn't want her to go through foster care..." Taka answered. "You don't want another daughter?"

"No, I'm fine with having three kids. Especially when I can take care of them with you." Mondo said which made Taka flustered.

"I'm happy that you accept her into our family!" Taka said happily.

The family now has a new member, where they will love and cherish until the end.