Chapter 6: Far yet Near

I knocked on Aera's door waiting for it to open. We both made plans for today. We would do some shopping and make ourselves self-invited at SeoYoung's home. She was leaving tomorrow and we couldn't just watch her leave. So we planned we would spend time together at her's.

After waiting for a while, the door clicked opened and I walked in. It was nothing less than my own house. Spending days and night at each others house anytime was very usual for us.

"Oh you're here already! But I'm not done yet." Aera said as I watch her rush towards the kitchen to wash the left dishes in the sink.

"It's ok. Take your time." I said, "but don't bring out the inner sloth in you."

"Yah.. I'm not that slow." She shouted from the kitchen and I made myself comfortable on the coach. Soon her mother came out of the room.

"Hello Auntie. How are you?" I said.

"I am very well dear. How are you all doing?"

"We were very fine. But now Seo Young's leaving, I don't know how things are gonna be."

"Don't worry. You will get used to it. It has to happen one day anyway." Hearing her, I sighed. She was right. No matter how close we are, one day we have to get busy in our own lives.

"By the way, auntie, your daugher's gonna be a great housewife looking at how she is doing all the chores." I said, kind of teasing Aera.

Out of nowhere, Aera came like a ghost as suddenly all her works were done. "If you're done teasing me, can we head out now? I'm done."

"No but seriously your husband would be a lucky one." I intentionally said that knowing she doesn't like to hear things like this. Her mother smiled at our silliness.

"Will you not let me help my mother peacefully? I'm moving out in somedays after all."

"Ok ok fine. Gosh. Let's go now if you wanna spend more time with SeoYoung. Bye auntie. See you later." I bade her mother and dragged her out with me.

*

"So what else??" I said as my eyes went through the snacks bar once again.

"Nothing else, Hyera! We took enough for today." She kind of scolded me.

We were picking snacks and drinks for three of us tonight. Suddenly my eyes stucked at some vintage looking wrist bands. I bought 3 of them without Aera knowing. Then we left the grocery.

*

"If you don't call us everyday, Seo Young ah, I swear to God I will beat the shit out of ya." Aera shouted from the kitchen while cooking something to eat.

"And how would you do that my dear. Are you gonna come to US?" Seo Young shouted back from in between packing up.

Comparing to them, I was doing less important work. I was blowing the balloons for the messy party we're going to have next hour. I didn't wanted to say anything, just wanted to hear them bicker for the last time. I smiled a sad smile knowing that I gonna miss them for sure. I'm gonna miss us.

Next few hours we went crazy in our own world. Singing, dancing, screaming our lungs out, eating, drinking, nothing was left. Anyone who would see us, would obviously say we ran away from asylum but this was very normal for us when we were toghther. Not everytime though. There were times when we were actually serious. But it was not today.

After that messy party ends, we all sat down tired and was talking randomly.

"I still can't believe I'm going to US to fulfill my dream." Seo Young exclaimed with joy in her eyes.

"Yass go girl! Just don't forget me." I said looking at her.

"I would never. How would you say that?" Her face turned into a puffy one.

"I just- I'll miss you Seo Young ah..." the mood completely changed in a blink as I started fighting with my tears not to come out now.

"Me too." I felt two arms around me. She hugged me. Her special mama bear hug. It was always so comfortable. Whenever I needed it.

"Me three." Another pair of arms surrounded us. Three of us stayed like this for some good minutes reminiscing our times together. Thinking that from tomorrow we would part our ways to different direction, some teardrops rolled down from my eyes.

After holding ourselves together, I talked first. "Guys, I have something for us." I took out the three wrist bands that I bought before. It was simple but beautiful just as our friendship, not any complexity, only a beautiful relationship. "These are the friendship wrist bands. Let's wear it always and never take it off. When we'll miss us we'll look at it and think that we're always together, ok?" Both of them looked at them. I put them on their wrist and also put it on myself promising to never take it of.

We also talked about other things, how Aera's fasion designing going on, how my interview went, what we would do when we meet next time, and most importantly we talked about our favourite group, BTS. They surely remembered to curse my interviewers too. After a long night of movie, snacks and chats we finally decided to go to bed as one of has a flight to catch next day.

*

We hugged each others again as if our hugs weren't gonna come to an end today. Seo Young stayed with us till the last minute she can. Now it was time. Time for parting.

"Don't you dare to have too much fun without me." She pointed a finger towards us trying show us anger but her eyes weren't helping at all.

"Unless you come back soon." I let it out. It was supposed to be a teasing tone but unfortunately it came out as an emotional one.

"Listen, you'll be without us there so don't you dare to play with your health. Have meals on time and drink enough water. And I'm not talking to you ever again if you overwork yourself. Take rest when you need it. Got it??" Aera's motherly side came out.

"Ok ok eomma I know."

"Come back palli, Seo young ahhh..."

"I will. Now give me your best smiles so that I can travel happily."

We flashed a smile. She took all her luggages and went to check in. She turned back once again and we all waved at her. We stood there until her sight disappears. A sigh came out of me.

Hope you come back quickly fulfilling your dream and be a good doctor. No matter how far you are Seo Young ah, you are always near us, in our heart.

(To be continued)

(A/N: It's been long since I uploaded last. Many things changed from then. Bighit Entertainment is changed into HYBE Entertainment. Bang Shihyuk is not the CEO anymore. But I'm gonna keep it the way I started writing. Please pretend that it's still unchanged :) and I am so sorry to say I don't know if I can update regularly.)

(P.S: I miss their iconic intro)