Chapter 5

Ok so im trying this from Alex's point of view now. It only made sence to me to write it that way. I kept hearing his voice for some reason.

Anyways hope you likes!

Comment too. Even if it sucks. haha

****************************************************

Chapter  5

                                                              Alex

I didn't understand why I was lying there bleeding from my neck.

Well, I knew but I didn't want to believe it. The truth was, was that Lily must have been a vampire. My father tried to warn me but I didn't want to believe him. I mean even if she was a vampire, why would she rip my neck apart? I just didn't understand.

 I sat up and leaned against the rock, feeling lethargic and a little bummed. I stood up and wondered what had just happened. There had to be a reason she did that and I would bet anything that I knew who would know why. My dad. I started to walk home.

I got home an hour or so later. I wanted to wait until my neck healed so my dad wouldn't freak out.  As soon as I walked through the door I went straight upstairs. I had to get rid of my blood stained shirt and get in a quick shower.

I hopped in the shower and started scrubbing off all the blood. Damn, she got me good. The funny thing was though, was that I wasn't even mad that she did it. I just wanted to know why she did it more than anything. I finished scrubbing off the blood and got out. As soon as I got out I noticed my father sitting there on the toilet.

"Hey dad. What's up?" I didn't know what else to say. He had that look that he gets when he's pretty mad so there's no harm in a little humor.

"Alexander."  He stood up and started walking out of the bathroom. "After you get dressed we need to talk. I can see that you never made it to school today and neither did I. Come downstairs in about ten minutes."

Well that didn't leave me any chance to bail without him noticing. Seeing as how the couch was right near the front door and my windows had bars across them. "Oh, it's for your own protection Alex." My father said when he caught me trying to sneak out the week before. It wasn't even that big of a deal. I wasn't even going to be gone long. I just wanted to say hi to her. God I missed her, and I'm still dying to know why the hell she bit me. Anyways the bars were on my windows by the next night.

I quickly got dressed and went downstairs to speak with my father. Except that when I got downstairs I found him and another man sitting opposite of each other speaking in hushed voices. I didn't know who this man was but he certainly didn't seem very friendly. He was very tall and had skin of ivory. His skin looked almost see through. Well he must be a vampire then. A real and true vampire. Now, I wonder what he's doing here?

My dad spoke first. "Alexander, come join us. Have a seat." I sat down in the recliner. Shit, if they were making this about me, I may as well have the best seat in the house.

"Alexander, this is Quinton Palenstine. He is an old relative visiting from England." The tall man stood up to shake my hand. I shook his hand not wanting to be rude but also just plain not wanting to. He sat back down and then it all began.

"Hello Alexander. It's nice to finally meet you. I understand that the time has come for you?" My dad must have told him that over the last three weeks I had been getting tired more and more.

 It was the blood I needed, he had told me. I needed more if I was to become a real vampire. If not, then I didn't need any at all. Before I could even say anything he started up again.

 What the hell? I didn't understand why people did that. Ask you something in that tone and then they don't even let you finish. Whatever.

"This is a very good thing for your family you see. Your father made the choice, or shall I say mistake, to become human years ago. In doing that he was cut off from the Palenstine name and good fortune. He was nothing to us. As he is nothing to us now. You on the other hand can reinstate your family name. You have that privilege to make up for what your father ruined so many years ago."

I didn't know what to make of this. I had no clue why this creepy thin guy was bashing my father. He wanted to get away from them. Why would he want to go back to that? My father interrupted my thoughts. "Alex. I know this must be tough for you but you have to understand that this will reinstate our family. We will be where we should be. In England." WHAT??

 "Dad! What the hell are you talking about? You hate them! You said it yourself. You have always told me that you never wanted anything to do with those people. You told me that all they wanted you for was to rule your life. Why do you want that now? What is the real reason?"

My father looked at me somberly. "Alex, I need you to understand something. What I did years ago was a mistake. I may not ever have the chance again to rule but you do. Just by you making the decision, the right decision, can reinstate our family and we can go back to the way things should have been. You must understand that Quinton is giving us a chance here and he doesn't even have to. He is putting his good faith in you. As am I."

I didn't know why my father wanted to "Rule" anything. There is something he is not telling me here.

"Dad listen, I told you that I wasn't sure if this is what I wanted. I don't know if I want to be human or vampire. I'm not sure what is more important to me yet. I do know that in choosing to be a vampire, I'd have to kill an innocent and that is not something I am interested in. I'm fine the way I am. I could go on like this forever, being in the in-between, but I know I have to choose." I knew what my father was asking.

 He wanted me to choose vampire. He wanted me to choose the Palenstine's. He wanted to live through me. The plain straight truth was that my father, Robert Greenwich, wanted me to kill an innocent so he could make up for his past. Could I do that though? Could I really take the life of an innocent person? I wasn't sure. Another thought came in to mind though. What about Lily?

 What was to become of us if I made the decision to stay a vampire? I wondered if she would hate me. I wondered if she would ever talk to me again. I still needed to find out why she even bit me in the first place. Well I had a tough decision to make. One that I could tell needed to be decided soon.

"Dad?" I was so nervous I thought I might get sick. "Yea son?" He looked me straight in the eyes now. "How much time do I have? To make this decision?" I don't think he was expecting that because he was quiet for a while as he turned to stare at Quinton. Quinton answered. "You have one week from today Alexander. One week."

Well that didn't leave me much time. It was Friday. That meant I had until next Friday. That wasn't enough time.