He stood up and wrapped his arms around his love and kissed her neck telling her to relax. She let out a breath and smiled turning in his arms bringing her arms around his neck. Stefan smiled and met their lips moving his hands along her back before he lifts her legs around his waist and carries her over to the bed.

The doorbell sounds causing them to break apart. Stefan kissed her some more before walking downstairs making sure to call Raina knowing that Bonnie was at the door. To his his surprise it was actually Damon. He was caught off guard for a second because this was his first time he has ever picked Raina up.

"Bonnie had a meeting that she couldn't miss." Damon said seeing the look on his face.

"Oh, uh-"

"Damon? What a surprise." Raina said with a smile and bags in her hand.

He smiled back and took her duffle bags, "Your mom is working so I thought I pick you up."

Stefan watched them hug noticing how close they seemed and watched them walk to the car talking. "Wait, Raina," Stefan said gaining their attention, "aren't you forgetting something?"

She narrowed her eyes then walk up to him realizing that she forgot to say goodbye. "Bye, dad." She hugged him.

"I love you."

"Love you too." She said over her shoulder.

Stefan narrowed his eyes noticing a change in his daughter. She acted as of she didn't care about him or at least it lessened. Usually she would hug him for what felt like years and kiss his cheek and actually put the 'I' before 'love you', but she didn't this time. For the first time in years, she didn't do it.

He frowned and pulled out his phone to call the one person that could potentially provide him with answers.

"Hey, can I call you back?"

"I just have to ask you a question."

She paused. "Alright, what is it?"

"Is something going on over there?"

"Excuse me?"

"I mean Raina, she's acting different."

Bonnie let out a breath then stood up walking over to the window to look out of it. "Last time I checked she was at your place this week."

"Yeah but I mean when Damon picked her up she was different."

"Different how?"

"Well for starters she forgot to say goodbye to me and I had to remind her then she hugged me for like half a second and didn't even say 'I love you', she just said 'love you'. Something's up,"

Bonnie held in her laugh. "Maybe she's just tired, Stef."

"I guess."

"But I will say this: don't forget about her."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means exactly what it means- don't forget about her. I know the wedding and all is what's on your mind, but just make room for her. I gotta go."

Stefan removed the phone slowly from his ear and his frown deepened. Was he doing it again? Was he putting Raina on the back-burner like he said said he wouldn't- like he promised her he wouldn't?

Cursing, he went upstairs formulating plan for himself and Raina for next week.

:::

Caroline and Elena exchanged a look before looking back over at their friend with smiles on their faces. Bonnie wasn't doing anything just looking down at the menu but they smiled at the changes in her- good changes.