Chapter 19

Kacey's pov:

I didn't see Max for  the rest of the week, not in school neither when I was at Harvey's, I didn't care obviously I was just curious as I usually saw him pretty much everyday.

It was Monday and I went to Harvey's after I changed into one of his hoodie's and some denim shorts since the weather was improving and it wasn't as cold as usual.

When I got to his place, I noticed how quiet it was, and how his family wasn't there; I found Harvey cooking in the kitchen. 

"Hi,"

"Hey," he replied turning around.

He wore an apron and had a cap on his head.

"What you making?" I asked.

"Pancakes?"

"Yeah, it's pancake day next week, if you've not forgotten," 

"I totally didn't forget," 

"Yeah, right," he said as I started helping him make the pancakes. 

Once they were made, we both added our toppings, and ate them.

"Where is everyone?" I asked him once I put mine and his dishes in the dishwasher. 

"Oh, Tilly and Leo wanted go somewhere so mum and dad took them, and Max is his room as always," Harvey sighed.

"Is he okay?"

"Not really," 

"What's up with him?"

"He just doesn't talk to anyone and everyday a different girl comes over and leaves in tears," 

"Oh," Can I ask why he does that?"

"It's just typical him," 

"But he wasn't like that before, you said right?"

"Yeah, but it's been years," 

"What happened?" I ask knowing I was delving into something I shouldn't be.

"It's not my place to say,"

"Oh, okay, sorry," 

"It's fine, I'd tell you but I don't think would want anyone to know,"

"Oh,okay," me and Harvey sat down on the couch in an unpleasant silence, not awkward just unpleasant. 

"Can, I go see Max?" I asked before actually thinking.

"Sure, but he might not be very nice," he spoke after a few seconds of thinking.

I made my way to Max's room and I knocked on the door,

"Max?" 

"I told you to go away, Harvey, "

"It's me Kacey," I told him and heard an inaudible 'oh'.

"Can I come in?" I asked and heard a very quiet 'sure'.

I walked into his room to see him under the covers. I went to him and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked him touching his arm from outside the duvet. He popped his head from under the covers and sat up.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he spoke in a quiet harsh tone. 

"I know you're not," I looked at his messy hair.

"Why do you care?" He furrowed his eyebrows, looking at me.

"I just do," I told him and looked away from his gaze.