Chapter 18 Closer (D's & B's POV)

Start from the beginning

"It's just that I like you Blake"

He likes me?!

"But not in a gay way. I mean that your a nice friend, thats why I really like you for being a great friend to me"

But I'm more than that!
I want to be closer to you David that just a friend!

"I thought Finn is your great friend?" I said.

"Yeah, but... he can be over protective you know"

"I guess so"

Finn was always protective to David since primary school. Finn was David's first best friend.

"Hey Blake And Dav-eid" Mohammad came to us.

"Gosh, please don't call me that! So many people gave me weird names nowadays" David said.

"Okay, fine... Davie" Mohammad joked.

"Hey!" David looked irritated again.

"God this is awkward. Anyways, Mohammad, want a nugget?" I offered.

"Can't, I don't eat meat remember?"

"Oh yeah, sorry"

"No bothers. Also the reason why I'm here, is because I'm bored and I don't want to go outside where Ryan is"

"Same, thats why we're here too. Also we have ten minutes left before we do an activity, so let's just chat here" David said.

We spend the last ten minutes talking about the zoo, talking about jokes, making fun of Ryan and other random stuff.
After that ten minutes, Mr Ryan, Zookeeper Henry and the other teachers came back to us. We had a group assembly that, we will start an activity today. We had a long chat about ecology again before the activity. The first activity was catching insects in a pitfall trap, which is not my favourite activity of the day. Zookeeper Henry brought us to a small forest in the zoo. The ground was muddy and sticky. Leaves and mud were stuck under my shoes.
We were put into groups, then into pairs. Mohammad paired with Max, David paired with Finn and I paired with Dan. Wait Dan!?
Zookeeper Henry gave each pair a paper cup and two trowels.

"Okay guys, now have fun in making the traps. And remember get as much creatures as you can. Once your done, get back here" The zookeeper said.

Everyone went in their separate ways. Dan went ahead of me and I followed him.

"Hey! Wait up" I shouted.

I passed a large thick bush and I almost stumbled on a wooden log. I turned right where Dan was kneeling down on the ground, digging to make a hole for the paper cup.

"Oh, you've already started" I said.

"Well that's because your so slow" he said.

Hmm, a smartass.

"Are you just going to stand there? Or are you going to help me?" He said.

I knelt down next to him, helping him dig the ground with my trowel.

"So Dan, Cole ask me 'where you were?'. Is there something wrong?"