Chapter 18 Closer (D's & B's POV)

Chapter 18: Closer
David's POV (point of view)

"How much again?" I asked.

"Six Euros and fifty cents please" the lady in the counter said.

I gave her the money and bought my meal.
I picked up my tray, that has my burger, french fries and drink on it.

"Enjoy" said the lady and I responded with a nice smile.

I turned around to see Blake, waiting for me as he is holding his tray full of food.

"Let's go?" He said.

I nodded and we both walked towards the outside to eat with our other friends but as soon as we were about to reach the doors, I realise that Ryan is outside in the window, with his... gang friends.
They were just sitting on the bench eating, laughing and messing around.

"I'm gonna eat in here" Blake said to me.

I knew that in his face, he didn't want to go outside where Ryan is. Blake quickly sat down to a nearby table and began to eat his food. I didn't want to make him feel alone.

"Okay, then I'm going to eat with you" I said to him and he responds with a huge surprise on his face.

I sat down opposite of him. The black haired boy looked happier than ever before. He would take glances of me while he eats his meal. But they weren't just weird glances but... something else.
I never felt... unusually close to Blake than ever before. He both have similarities. He plays piano and I play guitar, we both play video games, we both have little siblings, he plays basketball surprisingly well and I play soccer, I can sing and he......  is good at being smart I guess.

But something was different about him. Something really different. He acted the same way he would, when I'm around him or with him. He would always act like that one child, where he starts his first day at school.
But it felt nice being with him. It felt unusually nice. I really like his personality. I like him, but not in a gay way.

"David your food, it's getting cold" Blake reminded.

I began to start munching on my burger and fries.
Wow the food tastes really good.

"So, what's on your mind David?" Blake said. He had his head on his hand.

"Huh?"

"You were thinking of something. Were you daydreaming?"

I place my almost finished burger on the tray and took a drink of Coke from my cup.

"No. I was just thinking" I said as I slurped my soda.

"Thinking about?" He took a bit of his nuggets.

"You Blake" I said, after I finish drinking.

Blake's POV (point of view)

Me?
He was thinking of me?
What if he knows?
What if he finds out?
Wait, does he feel the same way?

"Me? Why me?" I asked him.

The cute blonde boy paused, trying to figure out on what he was going to say.