(10) - Homecoming Game

Anakin's POV -

As I am warming up for the big game, people are talking and yelling, getting food and finding a seat all around me. I look at the crowd, searching for my friends and family. I spot my mom, who waves at me, and Lucy who is trying to run off. I try and see what she is trying to get to but have no luck.

I flash a smile at my mom which distracts her long enough for Lucy to get out of her grasp and run away. Mom freaks out and tries to catch her. I follow Lucy with my eyes until I see her jump into somebodies arms. Mary's arms.

Mary smiles at her and says something before giving my sister a playful mad look and walking her back over to my mom. I snap out of my daze when a ball hits me. I pick it up and whip it at my friend who hit me and run over to Luka.

I hit Luka on the back and say, "She's here."

Luka smiles and says, "Then you better impress your girl."

Mary's POV, fifteen minutes earlier -

"Heyyyy" I sing song as I hop into the back seat of Jace's car. I squish next to Makayla and Dave, with Lila in the front seat and Jace driving.

"Who's ready to watch some football!" Makayla cheers.

"I hate football!" Jace cheers back and we all laugh.

"Cara and Josh are gonna meet us there" Lila says to me.

"Okay. Let's go" I say in a monotone voice. I'm a bit nervous to go to the game. I really don't want to run into Anakin, or even see him really. Or that cheerleader, I think she might kill me if she saw me today for interrupting their stupid little make out session.

"Smile" Makayla says after elbowing me to bring me out of my thoughts.

I flash her a goofy smile which makes her laugh. We pull into the parking lot at the gym and all walk over to the field. We find seats towards the front of the stands and all sit down.

"Anybody want anything to eat?" Jace asks the group.

"Popcorn!" Makayla screams excitedly. "Sure" he laughs. "Anybody else?"

"Nope" we all say.

I look around the stands at all the people. As I am taking in all of the rowdy people waiting for the game I see Lucy running at me. I open up my arms and let her jump into them. I pick her up, twirl her around and with a smile I say "Hi there princess Lucy."

"Hi Mary" she giggles.

"You here to see your brother play?" I ask her.

"Yeah!" She says excitedly.

"Hey" I playfully scold, "Where are your parents? Do they know you ran over here?"

"No" she says shyly, hiding her face in my shoulder.

"Come on, lets get you back. Where's your mom?" I ask trying to get her to say something to me.

"I wanna stay with you!" She whines.

"You need to be with your mom Lucy" I say to her while walking in the direction she came. I spot her mom who waves at me and rushes over. After taking a deep breath the says, "Finally! I'm so sorry, she just ran off. Thanks for bringing her back." She takes Lucy from my arms and says to her, "Don't just run off Lucy!"

She pouts and buries her head into her mom's neck. Lillian laughs, turns to me and says, "Thanks. I'm gonna go back to our seats before we lose them." With a smile she turns around and walks back to their seats. Lucy looks over her shoulder and gives me a mischievous  smile. I laugh at her, shake my head and go back over to my friends.