(6) - Babysitting and Cuddling

Once we drive out the gates of school and are heading towards the direction of our house my mom turn to me and asks, "How was your first day of school?"

"It was pretty good actually. I met a girl who’s in three of my classes that I really like and she introduced me to her friends at lunch."

With a squeal my mom says, "That's so great Mary! What is the girl's name?"

"Makayla. She is super nice, really funny, we have a lot in common, and I think we are going to become really great friends."

"That sounds amazing. When do I get to meet her?" My mom asks excitedly.

"Oh, that reminds me. Can I sleepover at Makayla's house Saturday? Pleeeease?" I ask with a puppy dog face.

"Fine, but I am dropping you off and meeting the parents" she says faking a stern expression.

"Yay! Thank you mommy!" I squeal while giving her an awkward hug from the side since she is still driving.

She chuckles and says, "I told you that you would make friends."

"Oh shush" I say just as we pull into our driveway. My mom turns to me and says, "I've got to get back to work, your father and I are going out to dinner with Lillian, Tom and a couple clients. I told them that you would babysit Lucy for them while we are out for dinner. We shouldn't be home any later than 10, Lucy just needs to eat and go to sleep by 8."

"Okay I can do that. What time should I be going over there?"

"Not sure, I will have Lillian call the house to tell you." My mom says while checking her watch looking like she is in a rush to get back to work.

"Okay, I’ll see you when you get home. Have fun." I say as I hop out of the car and walk up to the front door. Once I am inside I walk into the kitchen, grab a bottle of water from the fridge and go up to my room to do homework.

At 6:00 the phone starts ringing. I pause the movie I was watching on Netflix and run over to phone. I see that it is the Scott's calling so I pick up.

"Hello?" I say

"Mary? Hi this is Lillian."

"Hey Lillian, what's up?"

"Just letting you know that we are leaving in a couple minutes so you can head on over here. Feel free to bring any work you have, you can watch TV if you want, just make sure you have something to keep you occupied" she says with a laugh.

"Okay I’ll grab my stuff and come over now."

"Thank you so much for doing this Mary."

"No problem. I'll see you in a minute." I say as I hang up the phone and walk back into my room. I change into a pair of soffee shorts and a flowy yet really comfy white crop top. I grab my computer, headphone and phone before putting on my flip-flops and walking next door.

The door is opened almost immediately after I ring the doorbell. Lillian greets me with a rushed hi and ushers me into the house. She brings me into the living room and says, "Lucy is on the couch watching TV, she will probably sit there and watch until you tell her that it's dinner time. We are going to get going now, call if you need anything."

"Okay I will, thanks." I say with a smile, watching Lillian run around the house looking for her phone which she swears she just had.

Tom walks in and says, "Let's go or we are going to be late."

"Found it!" Lillian yells as she grabs her phone off of the shoe rack and puts it into her purse.

Tom chuckles and lightly pushes his wife out the door. As he is closing the door he yells out, "There’s a bunch of take-out menus on the counter along with some money, we’ll be back by ten." and shuts the door.