(8) - Fights and Kisses

"Hey guys, what's up?" I say as I sit down at our lunch table.

"Failing history. I am gonna bomb the test we have on Monday" Jace replies.

"I can help" Dave says to him.

"Dude, you aren't even in AP and are worse at History than I am," Jace says with an exasperated look.

"Oh right, whoops" Dave says with an awkward laugh.

I laugh at the exchange and say, "Well I am really good at it, maybe I can help?" I offer.

"Ya, she's the best," Makayla says enthusiastically as she sits down at the table.

"You have no clue what we are even talking about" Lila says to her.

"Don't have to, Mary is great at everything. She's practically a genius!" Makayla raves as she shoves some fries into her mouth.

"That's so not true, I can't do any sports" I defend.

"Who needs sports when you get straight A's and don't even have to try to get them?" Makayla says back in a 'duh' tone.

"Whatever" I say as I turn back to Jace, "Need my help in history or not?" I question.

"Yes!" He yells out, attracting attention to our table.

"I'll take you to the diner in town after school. We can eat and work there!" He continues.

I blush and look down, realizing that people around us are still listening to the conversation. "Sure" I respond while picking up my sandwich and starting to eat it.

"Yes!" He cheers while fist pumping in the air. The entire table laughs at him and the people that were watching us turn back around to eat.

"I'll meet you by your locker after school," Jace says as he gets up from the table and starts to walk away.

"Jace!" I yell after him. He turns around, comes back to the table and says, "Yeah?"

"We have history last period... there isn't a need to come to my locker" I say while laughing at him. The rest of the table starts laughing too.

Jace blushes and stutters out, "Y-yeah right, forgot. Well, I'll see ya in history." He then whips around and quickly walks out of the cafeteria. My friends and I all laugh at his odd behavior as he retreats.

"You've got a date!" Makayla yells excitedly, gaining the attention of even more people.

"Shhhhh!" I say, trying to quiet her down.

"You've got a date! A date, a date, a date!" Makayla loudly sings.

"It isn't a date! I am just helping him study!" I say while I cover my face, trying to hide my blush.

Makayla continues to sing about my "date", I pick my head up when I hear a familiar voice say, "Sounds like somebody has a date."

I whip my head around and give Luka a death stare and angrily say, "It is not a date. Your sister is delusional."

"I don't doubt that" he says with a chuckle.

"Hey!" Makayla gasps while pressing her hands to her heart.

"Yeah, yeah it hurt, whatever" Luka says. Makayla punches him in the arm and Luka grimaces and starts to rub his arm where she punched him.

"Ouch little sis. You didn't have to punch me" Luka whines. I laugh at the two of them and in a baby voice I say, "Does someone need a kiss on his boo boo?"

Luka's entire face lights up and he says, "Yes please!"

"Ugh your gross, leave my friends alone," Makayla says with a disgusted look on her face. Luka and I both laugh at her and she says, "Is there a reason you came over here?"