(11) - Friends Again

“Hey” Anakin says with a bright smile when I walk up to him. He's leaning on the side of  his car with his arms crossed looking amazing. He’s wearing a pair of tight, dark wash jeans that fit him perfectly and a tight black t-shirt that clings to his muscular body. As I am looking at his abs, seeing the six pack through the tight shirt, Anakin says, “Like what you see?”

“Nope” I say while trying to push him off the car door so I can escape into the car. He pushes me up against the car and traps my body to the door with his. I stare down at the ground, trying to hide my face from Anakin. He sees this action, and with a chuckle he uses a single finger to lift my head up. I don’t meet his eyes but I can feel his on my face and I can tell he has a cheeky smile. “If you don’t like it then why are you blushing?” he laughs.

“Oh shut up” I grumble. He steps back and lets me scramble into the car while he laughs at me. Once I have slammed the door closed on him, he shakes his head with a smile and walks around to the drivers side of the car.

As soon as he has backed out of his driveway, he revs the engine of his car and speeds down the street. I scramble in my seat and clutch onto the door handle and side of the chair for dear life. Anakin looks over at my horrified face and starts laughing. He starts to slow down and after a minute of him laughing at me, I finally loosen my death grip. I shoot Anakin a dirty look and yell, "Are you trying to kill us?!"

"Nope. Just seeing how you would react" he says with a cheeky smile. I slap his arm and then turn to look out of the window, successfully giving him the cold shoulder.

"Oh don't be mad at me" he says. When I don't reply he says, "Come on, it was just a joke".

"Mary talk to me. I'm sorry" he says in a pleading voice. I continue to look out of the window, trying to hold back a smile at his distress. He parks in his spot at the school parking lot. I try to get out of the car but realize he has locked me in, "Open the door", I say to him, still not looking back.

"Not until you accept my apology" he says in a demanding tone.

"No" I say harshly, forcing myself not to giggle after.

"Pretty please?" he says in a cute little voice. I finally turn to him and see he is flashing me puppy dog eyes and is sporting the cutest little pouty lip I have ever seen.

No longer able to hold in my laughter I start hysterically laughing at him and gasp out between chuckles, "OMG you should have seen your face. You looked like a five year old begging for cookies!"

"You suck" he mumbles and gets out of the car. I quickly follow him, trying to stop laughing and say, "Oh come on, you've got to admit that was funny. I had you thinking I was so mad at you for speeding down an empty street!" When he speeds up his walk trying to ignore me, I decide to take a running start and then leap onto his back.

He quickly grabs my legs so that I don't fall onto the ground and hoists me up at a better angle. I put my chin on his shoulder and grin at his shocked face. "Bring me to my locker!" I demand and kick his thigh like you would do to a horse.

He flashed me a huge grin, adjusts me on his back and continues walking through the parking lot. Everybody outside the school stops and stares at us, but Anakin pays no attention to it and continues up the steps and through the hallways of the school.

Once we get to my locker, he slowly lets me slide down his back and onto the floor. "That was fun, I should get you to carry me around more often" I say with a huge smile. He laughs at me and says, "Sure why not, it's not like you weigh much. I am convinced my backpack weighs more than you do."

"I'm not that small!" I defend. "Wait, where is your backpack?" I ask him.

"Didn't have any homework over the weekend so I left it in my locker" he says with a smirk.