The unexpected patient

Hayley White

Hayley White

It was monday, the beginning of the week. My phone rang at 5 am in the morning and Vivien, my colleague informed me that there was a badly wounded man and that was needed more staff.

"Hayley, go to room 5002, there is Lorenzo Rossi, 26 years old, shot with a gun in the right shoulder, his statement is stable, go check." Lucy, another nurse stated. I nodded and gone to check. I was a bit scared because I heard this man worked for Mafia and he was dangerous, but I was working and the policemen were checking on him. I arrived to the door, waved my head to the policemen and entered.

In the bed layed a man, his name was Lorenzo according to the documents Lucy gave me. He was blonde, blu eyes and a noble beard covering slightly his jaw. He was muscular and quiet hansome. I checked his heartbeats and bandaged his shoulder.

He slighty blinked and furrowed his brows. "Where am I? Who are you?" he said confused. "You've been wounded and carried to hospital. I am your nurse. Your statement is stable and you're lucky to survive such a deep wound." I stated firmly with a forced smile. "What is your name?" I was a bit scared of his question but answered "Hayley"

"Hayley, come closer,please!" I did as he said, he was a wounded man, maybe he couldn't speak loud enough for me so he need me closer.

"When you're out of my room a man in black will be 2 meters away, you'll give him my message." he whispered

"What?! Are you insane?! This is against the rules. And policemen are outside, you're a criminal I can't..." I stopped talking when I figured out he laid a gun in my stomach. A gun! How could he have a gun? Even with the nurses who checked him and policemen outside... These men were dangerous and I was in a big mess right now.

"So, are you gonna be helpful now, darling?" he said sarcastically while he handed me a piece of paper. I took it and nodded slowly in fear and acceptance. I exited and saw for a man in black as that Lorenzo piece of shit said. I opened it but couldn't understand anything, it was italian.It said:

"D 'ia mio fratello di tirarmi fuori da questo posto e che i soldi sono al sicuro."(tell my brother to get me out of this place and that the money is safe.)

I quickly folded and and squeezed it like my life depended on it. Then I saw a mysterious man in the end of the hall that was staring at me. I walked slowly towards him and so did he. He had dark hair,leather jacket and jeans all in black and his skin was so pale, like a vampire. When I was inches apart him he grabbed my arm so harshly and told "give me the paper" I didn't said nor did anything. Only glanced at him and at his hand on my arm continuously in a threatening way to tell him to leave my hand first. And so did he. I gave the piece of paper and was about to leave when he grabbed my wrist, again!

"What is your name?" What? This man wanted my name?! No way I'm saying it.

"Too much information for you to know!" I said confidently. I mean what could he do to me? There were cameras everywhere and policemen not more far than 4 meters. "Now let me go! I ended my work, don't mess with me!" I couldn't believe I talked so boldly to a mafia man. I immediately walked away.

The rest of the shift I avoided going to the room of that Lorenzo an didn't notice that man in black. In the evening when my shift ended I left the hospital. Everything outside was dark and quite, but inside me there was a strange feeling like someone was chasing me. I was propably being parsnoid from today's event.

When I aas few blocks away from my apartment I heard gunshots. I saw and there stood that man from today, the guy in leather jacket. He shot in the air but could easily shoot me there at the moment. He started coming towards me slowly with his gun. We were inches apart and he whispered in my ear

"I don't like when my question is unanswered." then took a cloth out of his pocket and settlet in my mouth before I counted to two. He drugged me. Son of a bitch.

Hello everyone! I hope you're enjoying the story. Please comment and vote. The photo above is how I imagine Hayley.
B

ye! I hope you're doing well! 💋🌹