We were falling.

I wasn't thinking as it happened. My instincts kicked in and I fled to the corner of the elevator. I gripped onto the side bars for dear life.

Words were said in a robotic tone through a speaker.

"WARNING! WARNING! ELEVATOR LOSING POWER! EM TETHER STABILITY LOST! ALTITUDE DROPPING!"

CRASH!!!!

A horrible wave of inertia struck me when the elevator hit the bottom. Somehow, none of my bones were brocken.

I looked up from my curled up position. It was dark. I couldn't see anything at all.

"Frisk! Are you there!? Are you okay!" I yell out.

"I am right here no need to yell!" She shouts back.

The elevator door opened and a stream of white light leaked through.

I could see Frisk, still standing in the middle. She looked completely calm as if nothing happened.

Or as if she knew what was going to happen.

I remember what Sans told me, about the resets. She knew what was going to happen all along.

"Do you need help? You seem to be glued to the corner there." Frisk chuckles.

"Don't worry. Give me a second." I took a deep breath and let go of the bar. I followed after Frisk.

The place was not what I expected. It was old, worn down, and dusty. The lighting in here was minimal. It made everything either gray, black or a dark turquoise. An old stench was in the air.

We walked forward. There was something off to this place. It felt melancholy.

A screen attached to a wall turned on when we past by it. Frisk continued walking forward. I on the other hand stayed behind and took the time to read it. They were entries. There was no date and no name, yet I could easily guess that this was typed by Alphys.

When I finished there was another next to it. Then another. Then another. And another.

They were about a task that she received from the king. She wanted to find a way to break the barrier through a different mean. Because they didn't have enough human souls, they planned to attempt experimenting with monster souls.

It was mentioned how difficult it would be to do that and the hallway ended with her saying she used blueprints to extract determination from human souls. It is what keeps our souls alive even after we die.

We walked farther through and ended in an intersection. The only catch was that there was only one way through.

Frisk went to a corner of the room and stared at something there. She reached out to it and then stepped back. It was odd. But I didn't question her. She then walked to the vending machine selling potato chips and bought a few. She offered me one and I took it.  Both of us took a seat on the ground and ate. They were stale but overall okay.

I checked my phone to see if we could call anyone. There wasn't any service but there was a text sent by Sans a few minutes before. I finally figured out how to change his name. I prefer this one much better. He on the other hand does not.

Sand : um has alphys figured out what is wrong?

I hoped that maybe a text might reach him. So I typed out "no I am still waiting for her" but when it was sent, the text was brocken.

You : jdis jsmm endicd ndk

Snas : 😃 ?