HP : Diminishing

Sans' POV
Day two

Today was basically only one thing.

Searching.

We now know that she is being held captive, but that didn't stop us from hoping she might have escaped. Although, if this kidnapping was done for some sort of ransom, then we would have already heard from them by now.

Whatever is happening is a lot more complex.

I haven't slept at all and the others have started to notice. Papyrus keeps trying to persuade me to take a nap but I dismiss it every time.

I feel like I am on the brink of insanity. I'm trying my best to stay calm, but my anger and fear keeps getting the best of me.

During the night, I stay up and do as much research as I can on this guy. It's funny, when you search up Sheriff Hiss you get nothing but baseless rumors but if you search Ophiuchus you get every single accurate detail. I now have a bit more of an understanding how his attacks work and all that jazz. Yet, what I wanted was some form of recorded information on his last sighting. Some indication of where he might have went into hiding. Frustratingly, there was nothing.

The day and night went by like a blur. It soon transitioned to the next day.

Day three

Everyone kind of went off on their own today. Asgore had to do some Kingsly things. Undyne and the gaurd had to push the search back a bit because of other stuff. Alphys went back to her research. Toriel continued  her duties as guardian of the ruins. Mettaton went back to filming his channels and Papyrus and I continue our sentry duties.

If it isn't obvious we are trying to continue our daily lives to some extent. Trying to keep some hope alive. Other monsters have also been helping out. They have searched where they live for anything. It's amazing to see how y/n has affected so many monsters.

I am sitting/laying against the sentry station, trying to stay awake. Not even coffee can save me from this sleep deprivation.

I hear snow crunching to my right and see Frisk prancing up to me. "Hey Sans. How's . . . Your day going?" She asks softly.

"Oh you know, the same thing as yesterday and the day before."

She pulls up a log and sits across from the stand and me. She looks around for a bit. ". . .Do you think y/n is okay?" She stares down.

"I-. . ." I couldn't bring myself to say anything. My head dropped into my arms.

"I want to help but I don't know how." Frisk states. "I feel so powerless, because I don't know what's coming next."

"Yeah I know how you feel." My voice was muffled.

She shifted on the log awkwardly. "Look, I don't know how it works here in the underground, but normally. . . If a person is kidnapped in the surface and you don't hear from them or the kidnappers. . . Then that person might no longer be. . . Well . . . You know."

"Don't think like that. It hasn't even been three days yet. Y/n is fine." I stammer. 

The pain in my throat grows, it hurts to swallow.

I have to stay calm. I can't lose control. I can't let my anger and fear get the best of me.

"Sans you are doing that eye thing again." Frisk noted.

Y/n's POV

The past two days have been a mess. All I do is flow in and out of conciousness. Perhaps a natural response to the venom.