chapter twelve: soccer tryouts 2

Start from the beginning

"Good job Anna!!" Kate screams. We are all hyping each-other up.

The coach gathers us once again. "Great job ladies, now we are focusing on shooting drills. Go line up at the goal!" He demands.

Yes! I'm the best at shooting! I'm a forward/striker, which means I'm the person that scores the goals. I'm basically the best person out here, not to be cocky or anything.

I line up at the goal and this time I'm first in line because I'm confident in my skills. The coach passes me a ball from across the field and I receive it and dribble towards the goal. I look up and think about where I'm going to shoot it. I aim for the corner and BAM! Right into the goal!!!

"Nice shot!!!" The coach yelled. The other assistant coach nodded at me and wrote something down on her clip board. The main coach is a man and the assistant is a woman. They look like they would make a great couple.

I go to the back of the line because we are running through this drill 3 times. And just like I thought, I made a great shot into the goal each time.

Kate runs over to me out of breath, "Dude, you're like really good!! You should've told me you were this good!"

I blushed a little bit. This is the only thing I'm good for because I suck at school, life, and anything in general besides soccer.

"What do you mean I'm good?! Did you see that shot you just made girl!! You're the good one..." I compliment Kate while we run to the coach again.

"Thanks but no thanks. You're definitely better than me." She laughs and we hear the coach talking so we shut up.

"Very nice job ladies! I see some good talent here." We made eye contact and I smile a little bit. "We are going to do a scrimmage so we can see how you play with other girls. Then the rest of the evening is yours." He announced and then gave half of the girls a different colored shirt. One of them happened to be Kate. I frown, that means I'm playing against her.

All of us get into our positions on the field. I'm the forward and Kate is a winger (she plays on the outside of the fields while I'm in the middle)

Coach blows his whistle and my team passes the ball around our half of the field until someone from the opposing team takes it from us. They start to pass it around and now the girl right next to me has the ball at her feet. I fight to take it away from her and I do!!! I'm dribbling down the field, doing all my moves and making it past people until It's just me and the goal. I aim for where I'm shooting until I get bumped to the ground.

BAMMMMM!!!! I fall backwards and my head hits the hard ground and I immediately cover my head with my hands because It hurts so much. Ow ow ow who the fuck did this. I lift my head carefully and there's a girl standing right next to me with evil in her eyes.

"Good luck getting on the team now." She smirks and dribbles away.

I start to get up and Kate is here! She sticks out her hand. "Are you good?" She asks me while helping to lift me up.

"I-I'm good, lets just get back to the game." I reassure her.

She looks doubtful. "Seriously Anna, are you okay? It look like you hit your head pretty hard."

"YES I'M PERFECTLY FINE!" I snap a little too angrily than I would've liked to.

"Okayyyyyy" Kate says suspiciously and runs back to her position on the field. Truth is, my head hurts really bad but I'll get over it. I can't miss tryouts.

A couple of minutes pass of my team getting obliterated and the ball somehow ends up at my feet. I'm still a little woozy but not woozy enough to not make this shot. I line it up in my head and shoot it straight at the top corner. It curves a little but it still makes it in!!!! My whole team is cheering for me!!! I clutch my head with my hands because my ears started to ring but it goes away in a couple of seconds.