The judge nodded.

"your honor and ladies and gentlemen of the jury. under the law my client is presumedinnocent until proven guilty. during this trial, you will hear no real evidence against my client. you will come to know the truth. that Xavier was not only wrongfully accused of murder in cold blood, but also was in the presence of mishandling by the police.Therefore my client is not guilty." Jamelia spoke.

"the prosecution may call its first witness." the judge spoke.

"the People call the witness, Tre Walker." the deputy spoke.

tre then came out from behind a door, the friend group from atlanta began to stank view him. eyeing him up and down.

"snitch ass nigga man" drake muttered under his breath, causing amani to rest her hand on his forearm.

"nigga bogus" kavon said, flaring his nostrils.

tre then sat down in the witness stand, eyeing xavier with a smirk.

"please stand sir. raise your right hand. do you promise that the testimony you shall give in the case before this court shall be the truth,the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" the clerk began

"I do." tre said, raising his hand before putting it back down.

xavier stayed silent, looking straight forward with a straight face.

"can you please recall what you supposedly saw the night of the murder of tae'vion white." the judge spoke.

Jamelia and the deputy both stood up, ready for their rebuttals.

"well the night of the shooting, i had just came to visit houston to see my boys."

"visit houston from where?" jamelia spoke.

"atlanta." he responded.

"Would it be fair to say you knew Xavier prior to that time? ?" jamelia asked once more.

"irrelevant!" the deputy yelled.

"sir, calm yourself please." the judge side-eyed him.

"Proceed Miss. Evans."

jamelia waited for tre's response.

"yes i do, we use to be homeboys in highschool." tre responded.

"and why did you guys stop being friends?" jamelia asked once more.

"we just fell off. nothing really." tre shrugged.

"so if i can ask, 'just falling off' makes you go to officers to accuse your past friend of homicide?" jamelia asks.

"has the defendant done anything to provoke you?" she asked again.

"double question." the judge called.

"my apologies." jamelia said, waiting for tre's answer.

"no, he has done nothing to provoke me." tre said, side-eyeing xavier.

"wish a nigga would lie." xavier said under his breath, playing with his hand cuffs.

"have you done anything to provoke anything relating to the defendant." jamelia said, knowing that tre had previously shot kavon.

"no." tre answered blankly.

"a fuckin' lie." kavon said out loud by accident.

"silence in the courtroom." the judge boomed.

"mkay. proceed with your story." jamelia said, sitting back down next to xavier, as she looked back at kavon.

"well, like i said, i came to houston to visit my boys. i was staying in a hotel and one night they had told me to pull up infront his crib. we was just about to chill and drink honestly." he started.

𝟗𝟓𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें