Chapter 21Judgements

Start from the beginning

Even if he judged she didn’t mind, she had walk past that era in her life.

“But when D came to my office for the first time, something stirred inside me. I tried to avoid her, be rude to her even insult her but I don’t know how it happened, I started liking her and you won’t believe it” enthusiasm was now dripping from her voice “she reciprocated my feelings and we fell in love.”

She looked at him waiting for his reaction.

She didn’t mind if he objected love between two girls but still she cared. She wanted to stir clear her relationship. She did not want him to have false hopes or any kind of expectations.

“So what is bothering you? Its love and there is nothing wrong in loving someone, hating was bad and you overcame that.”

“No you don’t understand” Ro sounded frustrated now. She lifted her hand and showed the band on her right hand “we are a couple since a month. It’s not any attraction. We f##king love each other.”

A long silence prevailed between the two while Carlos was processing what Ro had stated, Ro was expecting his outburst, his accusing curses on her.

“ I am so sorry. I shouldn’t have promised anything but mom, she was so restless. I got scared. I am sorry” Ro was back to her sobbing.

She couldn’t leave D. D was way too important for her.

Carlos was disappointed but still pulled her into a hug “Sshh …. Don’t cry”

Ro looked at him with begging and pleading eyes hoping he’d understand.

“Ro” Tessa called “Mom is conscious and is asking for you.”

Ro ran to the room with Carlos tailing behind him.

“Mom” Ro lifted her palm happy to see her sparkling browns again..

Roma opened her dry mouth to ask something but when she saw Carlos standing behind her, his hands on her shoulders, she visibly relaxed and smiled before she closed her eyes.

“Mom” Ro shouted scared to lose her.

“Its okay. She is under sedatives let her sleep and rest.” The nurse in her proficient accent warned as she sashayed everyone out of the room.

“Rosy” her dad hugged her tight. Ro could feel his shoulders slumped for the first time and her heart went for him “She is okay, she is fine and all because of you.

“No I did nothing” Ro was perplexed.

“No your mom was always worried about you and when you agreed to marry Carlos she relaxed and the doctor said they did not have trouble maintaining her pressure during the surgery. You did it.”

Ro felt guilty all of a sudden.

She gave one look to Carlos who gestured her with hands stating, “I am here for you”

Ro trusted his words.

,,,,,,,,,,,,

“You okay” Carlos asked Ro when she finished feeding her mom.

Roma was back home and under best rest. The whole house was occupied preparing for the wedding and Ro took the responsibility of attending and nursing her mother till she was healthy and back on her feet again.

Ro was moving the bowl and the spoon under the tap in circles not bothering to wipe it or remove from the sink, lost in thoughts, tiny droplets of water scattered everywhere few drenching Ro’s pale blue shirt which she bore with full anonymity and the wearied expression dimmed her tan face.