Love is Patient, Love is Kind

Hey y'all! So I really wanted this one to be out yesterday but life happens lol. Anywho- please enjoy this story.

*******************************************
      Tasia looked towards the window that had the gentleness of the suns rays coming through it as she kneaded the dough. She smiled the herself as she watched the red birds jump from branch to branch, singing together as they did.
        Focusing back on her task she sprinkled more flour on the dough as she carefully worked in in. She was making a set of deserts for Valentine's Day and wanted everything to be perfect for the couples she knew would order the treats from her bakery.
        Wiping her forehead with the back of her hand, she finally had the dough to the consistency she needed for her special cookies.
       Tasia began cutting and cooking the cookies before putting them on the baking sheet. She smiled to herself as she finished her task and put them in the oven. Checking the clock she mentally calculated how much time it would take for the cookies to be done.
         Hurrying to her next task, Tasia quickly removed her apron and walked briskly up the stairs into her room. She quickly stripped from her worn working clothes and threw on her fitting red dress.
         Taking off her scarf, she examined her short relaxed pixie cut in the mirror. It was a classic 90's short cut and she loved it. With it being was her signature style, she was sure she'd never change it. She thought it accented her dark brown eyes well and she loved to style it.
       Grabbing her rat tail comb, she ran she combed it so that her bang was in her face. Smoothing down the back and putting on her favorite hair oil, she quickly put on her makeup  and when she was finished, she did a 360 spin on the mirror.
        Her sleeveless red dress hugged her slim thick frame and made her mahogany skin glow. She smiled in appreciation for herself and slipped on her matching red open toed heels.
       Looking at her arm watch, she saw that it was 7:00 and the doorbell rang making her look up.
       He's always on time, she said to herself and smiled as she walked down the steps of her home.
       Tasia made it downstairs and opened the door to reveal her date. David stood in front of her and she swore her heart skipped a beat when she saw him.
       His light skin was flawless as he stood in front of her in a fitted suit. His hazel green eyes gleamed as they looked at her and his sandy brown hair was cut neatly. His beard wasn't super thick, but just enough not to look patchy.
         "Hi." She smiled widely and allowed him to step inside.
        "Hi." His warm voice called out to her. "I got you these. Happy Valentines Day." He said as he held out the red roses to her.
       David watched as Tasia's face lit up and it warmed his heart. He loved making her happy and he knew that these flowers were her favorite.
        "Oh David, these are beautiful." She smiled at him. "Come inside." She said as he came in and she shut the door.
        She led him to the dining room where she had prepared meals for them. Tasia loved to cook, and although she ran a bakery for a living- she could throw down in other ways too.
        She sat the flowers down in the vase on the table and faced David.
        "So David, I have prepared for us a three course  dinner. So, you sit here- and I'll grab us a bottle of wine- plus water if you don't want anything to drink." Tasia said and David nodded his head.
       Listening to the click of her heels as she walked away, he focused on the trays that sat in front of him. He couldn't wait to see what Tasia had prepared for him. Then again, he couldnt wait to show her what he had gotten her.
         When she came back, the pair sat down and David held their hands as he prayed over their food.
        He finshed praying and Tasia happily uncovered the first  tray, which was a soup.
        "So this first soup is a tomato soup with chicken panini on the side. It's made with my special sauce." She said as she got up and walked over to him.
         Sitting down in his lap, he held her waist gently. She spooned some soup onto the spoon and blew it gently to cool it before putting it to his lips.
       He allowed the warm liquid to fill his mouth and he licked his lips in appreciation for the food. He knew his girl could throw down, but it almost always surprised him how well she could each time she prepared food for him.
        "Mmm, baby it's is good. You put your foot in this." He kissed her check and Tasia smiled widely, revealing her dimples.
         "Really? Great. I'm glad you loved it. But you're really gonna enjoy the next two." Tasia said.
        And so their night went: Tasia revealing each dish to him. And David loved each one. But not more than he loved her, of course. 
        When it came time for the deserts, Tasia led him to the kitchen where she had prepared a strawberry cheesecake, which she knew was his favorite.
         "Ah shoot now." David licked his lips and grinned. "Baby you better quit spoiling me."
         Tasia kissed his lips. "No." She used her fork and cut some of the cheesecake before feeding it to him. David moaned at the taste and grabbed the fork from her to feed himself.
        As he did, the lights in the house suddenly shut off and Tasia and David called our for one another.
         "Bae you good?" David called and Tasia cut on her phone flashlight.
        "Yes, but I think we're having a blackout." She said as she flicked the light switch up and down, but the darkness still surrounded them.
        Suddenly remembering her cookies that were in the oven, she opened it and sighed loudly.
        "What's wrong, Tasia?" She heard David ask.
        "My cookies were baking. And I know they're not done. I have a huge order going out tomorrow and if I mess this up then this customer will never work with me again." She expressed.
        Suddenly feeling David's strong arms surround her body, Tasia immediately relaxed.
        He kissed her bare shoulder. "We can fix this."
         "How, David?"
         "First, were gonna need candles. You still got those extra ones from your mom's birthday?"
        Tasia nodded. "Yeah. In the basement."
         The couple moved down to the basement  and using their flashlights, they found the candles.
        As they closed the box, David smirked to himself. I gotta get her down here, he thought as she quickly jumped back from the box.
        "Oh baby watch out!" David said and Tasia jumped closer to him.
        "What!? What is it?!" She said frantically.
         David laughed. "Nothing I just wanted to play with you."
         Tasia's face fell into a scowl and she hit his arm. "Boy you play too much. I don't know why I fall for it."
        "You're easy to scare." He shrugged and Tasia rolled her eyes as she led them from the basement.
        Once upstairs, the couple lit candles all around her home.
          "So, how can we fix the cookies?" She asked.
         "Well, you can put them into the freezer for a minute. And if those are ruined, we can make another batch. I'll help."
         "You sure? I mean, we both have to work tomorrow....and I don't want you to be super tired."
         David smacked his teeth. "Girl bye. I gotchu. If you gonna be tired, I'm gonna be tried."
        Tasia smiled at his words and walked over to him, kissing his lips.
          "Ok, well If we're gonna do this- I have to change." She said and he nodded. "And I'm gonna grab one of my employee shirts for you. While I do that, can you look under the cupboards and grab the rolling pin, the measuring cup, the flour and sugar?"
        David nodded and got to work while Tasia went upstairs to change. Once changed, she went back down and slowed David to change from his tux to his shirt.
        The pair got busy and soon the cookies began to form. Tasia looked up at David and laughed to herself as he struggled to knead the dough.
         Wiping her hands on her apron, she walked over to him and gently grabbed his arm. "Baby let me show you this."
        She grabbed some flour and sprinkled it on the dough. "When it's sticky, all it needs is just a little more dough, which helps it form." She said as she stood in front of him. Placing his hands underneath her own, she guided him to kneading the dough.
        David was in heaven. He was enjoying the feel of her soft hands on his own and looked at her content face as she worked. He could tell that she loved her job and knew it was her passion.
        "You know- this is kind of romantic." He kissed her neck lightly.
        "Yeah I can agree." She smiled at him. The pair finished kneading the dough and began to cut out the heart cookies. As they did, David played soft music from his phone and he hummed to the song softly.
        "You know I still haven't heard you sing? And it's been almost 9 months."
        David looked at her and his hazel green eyes shown in the candle light. "You will one day."
        "And when will that be? I know you're on the church choir. Your mom told me."
        David smiled. "Mama told me she hinted it at you. I was waiting on you to ask me about it." He grinned.
        "Yeah she told me. And I know you have a beautiful voice. I've caught you a couple of times."
         "Of course you have. But- I'll sing to you one day." He winked at her and Tasia shook her head.
        "I'll be waiting."
        The couple focused back on the task at hand and soon had the cookies on the baking sheet.
         They couldn't put them in the oven yet but Tasia new that them sitting wasnt going to harm anything.
        "I'm sorry that this black out kinda ruined our V-Day." She said.
        "It didn't." David shook his head as she walked over to where she stood. His tall frame seemed to tower over her short one.
        "Really?"
         "Really." David nodded. "I mean- every day is valentines with you. And we couldn't help this. So no, I'm not mad. I'm actually kinda glad."
           "And why would you be glad?"
         Without another word, David grabbed her hands and began to sing Shai's Together Forever.
        Tasia felt her body warm up as she listened to him sing. She knew that this song was special to them. It had played on the radio everytime they had went on a date. As David hit the high notes of the song, goosebumps pricked her skin and she could only look at him in awe and in love.
        "And we'll be together forever, again. Until the end of time." David sang and dropped down to one knee.
        Tasia's heart begin to race as she watched him fish in his pocket and reveal a small black box.
         David watched as tears gathered in his love's eyes and he cleared his throat to stop his own emotions building up.
         "First Corinthians 13 tells us that love is patient and kind. It is not self seeking. It doesn't keep any record of wrongs. It isn't boastful. It isn't resentful or irritable. But instead it rejoices in all truth.
        "And for me you are the living embodiment of love. Tasia my whole world is alright when I see you enter a room. My heart skips a beat everytime I'm in your presence. And my legs are even shaky right now." He laughed and Tasia giggled, wiping her tears away.
        "I know that God has answered my prayers and given me grace to be able to be your man. I thank Him everyday for our relationships because it pushes me to serve Him better each day. I praise Him for it.
        "So with God watching.," he opened the ring box and Tasia covered her mouth at the beautiful diamond. "Will you- Tasia R. Richardson marry me?"
        Tasia nodded. "Yes. Yes, I will." She said as he took her hand and placed the ring on her finger.
         As soon as he did, the lights came back on and the couple looked around before their eyes settled on one another.
        Peace immediately filled both of them. For they knew that this union they were entering was a God sent one.

******************************************
Ok, I'm not crying you are.

What did you think of Tasia and David? I truly enjoyed them. They were inspired by singer Fantasia and her husband.

I hope you guys had a blessed Valentine's Day. Even if you don't have a boo- remember that God's love is the best. 1 Corinthians 13.

You guys be blessed.

Until next time,

Malaysia ❤️